General boxing thread

EddieG

Spike O'Sullivan fighting on the undercard tonight too, bit of a hometown hero here!

If he wins against Lemiuex (unlikely) then he will very much be next in line to fight GGG assuming he beats Canelo. I like Spike but he'd get absolutely murdered by GGG. Still hoping he does it tonight somehow and gets himself a nice payday before retirement!

1 hour ago, MDK said:

I tried to wake up about 4 to watch the fight but I didn't. Sounds like it was a good fight, wrong outcome. 

It was an excellent fight. The outcome was close. It wasn't as much of a robbery as the draw was in the first fight, but I would have given the match to Golovkin.

20 minutes ago, Liam said:

It was an excellent fight. The outcome was close. It wasn't as much of a robbery as the draw was in the first fight, but I would have given the match to Golovkin.

Wrong outcome because Canelo is the bad guy for being a drugs cheat and got off lightly. 

Think Joshua will learn a lot from this fight and at the same time I think it'll turn quite a few of his doubters into believers. 

He's shown that all it takes for him is one big round. I had Povetkin leading up until that round. 

I'd love to see him fight Wilder, Fury and White. 

16 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Think Joshua will learn a lot from this fight and at the same time I think it'll turn quite a few of his doubters into believers. 

He's shown that all it takes for him is one big round. I had Povetkin leading up until that round. 

I'd love to see him fight Wilder, Fury and White. 

In a handicap match? Seems unfair on AJ, but the big stumbling block would be whether or not Wilder and Fury could co-exist.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobfoc said:

In a handicap match? Seems unfair on AJ, but the big stumbling block would be whether or not Wilder and Fury could co-exist.

Audrey Harrison can come out of retirement and be on AJ's team. Be like Kurt Angle and The Shield. 

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I hope that was intentional.

Let's be honest. Audley's mum Audrey probably has a better chin than him 

• 1 month later...