General boxing thread

EddieG

• 1 month later...

This fight is going to be good. The first fight was super fun, so can't wait.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Fury and Wilder will be fighting again in a few hours. I think Wilder will get the knockout this time, especially with Fury talking about going toe-to-toe more often.

I mean he says that, but he's been fighting a completely different style his whole life. He might feel a few whiff by his head and go back to being technical and take Wilder apart bit-by-bit. Still, Wilder really only needs one.

That was probably one of the best performances from a British fighter in a big fight in some time. Was honestly not expecting him to pretty much destroy Wilder. Thought it would be a repeat of the first fight. 

They need to get Joshua/Fury booked. They could easily make a ton of money by putting at Wembley 

One of the complications with Fury/Joshua is that Fury is still under his five-match agreement with ESPN to fight in the USA. They could fight over there, but it would be a shame not to have it in the UK in front of a stadium crowd. On the other hand, Joshua could lose to Pulev and change the conversation entirely.

3 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

That was probably one of the best performances from a British fighter in a big fight in some time. Was honestly not expecting him to pretty much destroy Wilder. Thought it would be a repeat of the first fight. 

I was only listening to the fight and thus didn't get the full picture of what happened, but the commentators' descriptions made it sound like a performance reminiscent of a prime Lennox Lewis. He was using his jab as a power punch, rather than flicking it and moving away like he usually does.

I remember watching Fury on ITV about ten years ago. He looked like a decent domestic fighter, but I never thought he'd make it to the top of the division.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I was only listening to the fight and thus didn't get the full picture of what happened, but the commentators' descriptions made it sound like a performance reminiscent of a prime Lennox Lewis. He was using his jab as a power punch, rather than flicking it and moving away like he usually does.

He completely dominated Wilder. In fact the ref should probably have called it off when his brains were leaking out of his ear.

I don't think I've ever seen a ruptured ear in boxing before.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I remember watching Fury on ITV about ten years ago. He looked like a decent domestic fighter, but I never thought he'd make it to the top of the division.

The same guy who punched himself in the face, no less.

• Like 1

'Professional athlete unable to walk 100 yards with two 10kg dumbells'.

He's also apparently going to fire the cornerman who threw in the towel, claiming 'he'd rather die in the ring'. Mate, that cornerman is the only one you should be retaining.

• Like 6