Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

They were humiliated against Hercules , but it wasn't 3/4 because of the lack of talent . In Camp Nou , at the City Anniversary.

Spain lost 2-0 to USA , they neutralized the spanish side and used well of their few counter attacks to beat 'em

Spain lost 4-1 to Argentina.

Spain lost 4-0 to Portugal.

Scotland scored twice against Spain ( how can someone let Scotland score TWO GOALS? Even the U23 Brazil managed a clean sheet )

I'm relating Barcelona to Spain because it's 60% of the Barça Squad and has the same playing style.

So you've come up with 1 shock result, 3 international friendlies no one gives a fuck about and a poor defensive performance in a game they still won.

I can only assume since you don't like wing play either, your preferred formation is something like 2 centre backs, 6 attacking midfielders spread across 15 yards worth of pitch in the middle and 2 up front, but probably dropping back into the hole to plug any gaps, just in case.

Well , you got it wrong. I think I emphasized too much on that one. I mean , defensive midfielders are usual in teams that play behind , like Newcastle in certain games , so Tioté fits for the Toon , but what I'm saying is , I don't like his kind of playing .

So you've come up with 1 shock result, 3 international friendlies no one gives a fuck about and a poor defensive performance in a game they still won

The USA vs. Spain game was in the semis of the Confederations Cup , get a little bit of information , y'know , I'm here to have a mature discussion , not just someone throwing up arguments.

And I like 4-4-2 , sounds easy to do and you can make a lot of variations with that formation

Rafa makes some good points, keep doing ya thing thing young man.

You're a United supporter, you don't know dick about football.

Tiote is neck and neck with VdV for bargain of the season. I'd argue Tiote was the better find because he was an relative unknown, VdV was a known quality player who happened to be available for an absolute steal.

What about Hernandez, he was a relative unknown when we signed him just before the World Cup and he has 18 goals already this season.

I would accept him too. Quality player.

Can someone please point me to the last time Barcelona lost in humiliating fashion? And by humiliating, I mean a 3/4 goal drubbing.

The last time I remember, and I might just remember this one 'cause I was there, but Malaga beat them 5-1 at La Roseleda, but we're talking 6/7 years ago.

I love how I go away for a few hours and the guy is still arguing his ridiculous points and every single time with people shooting him down. :lol:

Sometimes you just got to let it go, especially when you think 9th is a bad position for Newcastle to be in and Cheik Tiote is a bad player.

I love how I go away for a few hours and the guy is still arguing his ridiculous points and every single time with people shooting him down. :lol:

Sometimes you just got to let it go, especially when you think 9th is a bad position for Newcastle to be in and Cheik Tiote is a bad player.

To be honest I think he stopped arguing his point hours ago and is now just stating random things, none of which seem relevant to his original point... Which I've forgotten.

Anyway, thoughts on Meireles winning the PFA Fans Player Of The Year award? I think he's had a really good season, but that's honestly surprised me.

Quite nervous about tomorrow too. It's important that we pick up all three points and get back to our winning ways. Apparently Berbatov is also a doubt for the crucial run in ahead due to a groin problem, hope it's nothing too serious and we can get him back to full fitness.

Easy win tomorrow if you ask me, home form has seen us good all season. Never quite liked the early kick-offs though, but if you can win em it doesn't half put pressure on the teams playing later in the day.

Everton are in good form mind but I'm hoping it'll be Rooney day tomorrow, he is due a big performance against his old club. Prediction for me is 3-1 United.

• Like 1

United team: Van der Sar; O'Shea, Fabio, Ferdinand, Evans; Anderson, Gibson, Valencia, Nani; Hernandez, Rooney

No Vidic and O'Shea at centre-back, dodgy but hopefully the attackers will do the job. Gibson for a cracker today I think?

Edit: Subs: Kuszczak, Evra, Brown, Owen, Giggs, Carrick, Rafael Da Silva.

Frustrating first half - Everton have offered nothing going forward, but it ain't as if they've 'parked the bus' either, it's just United haven't been able to finish any of the chances up to now.

A goal surely has to come, but we're playing a bit like Arsenal in and around the area lately, and by that I mean trying to walk it in.

And Gibson should look to pick a pass more often - his shooting is shit 85% of the time.

I bet that we'd win 1-0 with Rooney scoring it (I called a pen, but didn't bet on that too :shifty:) but I'd rather it be a little more comfortable than that.

Frustrating first half - Everton have offered nothing going forward, but it ain't as if they've 'parked the bus' either, it's just United haven't been able to finish any of the chances up to now.

A goal surely has to come, but we're playing a bit like Arsenal in and around the area lately, and by that I mean trying to walk it in.

And Gibson should look to pick a pass more often - his shooting is shit 85% of the time.

I bet that we'd win 1-0 with Rooney scoring it (I called a pen, but didn't bet on that too :shifty:) but I'd rather it be a little more comfortable than that.

Haven't bet on it but that's what I'd go for if I was picking a scoreline. Maybe 2-0 depending how early the first comes.

Saying that, that should've been a penalty to Everton :angry: