Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

I'm going to guess at the guy that won the league for Huddersfield back in the 20s/30s because I think he went onto manage Arsenal, or at least that's what my Huddersfield supporting friend said, I don't have the faintest idea what his name is.

The Maxi song is catchy but it loses points for being to the tune of the Heartbeat theme.

HOW DARE YOU DISS HEARTBEAT....anything of Heartbeat gains points.... :angry:

Fabio Capello

Milan

* Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96

* Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994

* UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94

* European Super Cup (1): 1994

* Coppa Italia Primavera (1): 1984–85

Roma

* Serie A (1): 2000–01

* Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001

Real Madrid

* La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

Harry Redknapp

Bournemouth

* Football League Division Three: 1986–87

* Football League Trophy: 1983–84

West Ham United

* UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

Portsmouth F.C.

First Spell

* Football League Division One: 2002–03

Second Spell

* FA Cup: 2007-08

* Community Shield Runners up 2008

Tottenham Hotspur

* Football League Cup Runners up 2009

Yeah, would be brilliant. On the positive side he wouldn't be able to bankrupt England.

• Like 4

Bring in foreign manager: "Damn fucking foreigners, get out of ENGLAND! ENGLISH managers only."

Bring in English manager: "Useless. No wonder no good English managers, ALL SHIT. Bring in a proper manager who wins things!"

Bring in foreign manager: "Damn fucking foreigners.."

Repeat until you give up hope on England.

• Like 2

Put the fear of God into ya as well. And Rockbox, to be fair you've completely missed the main success of Harry Redknapp's career:

2009-03-20.jpg

¬_¬

--

Re: Capello. What I heard is that at 11pm England made an announcement (it was to announce something to do with Triesman and the bribes) someone put 2 and 2 together and got about 57332 and decided Capello was being sacked and twitter went berserk.

• Like 1

I'm guessing he had the audacity to give a decision, however menial, against United for once.

It really isn't. Managers are not allowed to comment on referee's before a game, full stop. He should know better.

It is against offficial FA rules to comment on the referee prior to a match. That's ANY comment. It is a regulation intended to prevent managers from buttering up/threatening/mind-gaming/influencing the referee in any way. Obviously it's impossible to police all the other less direct comments that could conceivably influence referees ("Chelsea get all the decisions" etc.), but this at least is a straight-forward and sensible rule that SAF could/should have easily adhered to.

Tell me this isn't a direct attempt to influence Webb:

"We are getting the best referee, there is no doubt about that," he said at the time.

"But [getting a bad decision] is definitely our big fear.

"We have the players to do it all right. We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

So yes. Stop whining and learn what the rules are and why they're there.

• Like 1