Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

If Man. Utd want to continue emulate Liverpool, then Ferguson should now leave the club and then get replaced by Roy Keane. Who will go on to ruin the club with poor training methods and bad signings, only managing to win the FA Cup and have a heart attack before being replaced by Brian McClair. :shifty:

Well, that last 10 was a bit ridiculous.

All in all, it was another poor performance away from home, but we got the point required and can rest players next weekend. I hope we win before collecting the trophy though - it felt strange a few years back against West Ham when we didn't. There's still the home record/no first half goals conceded to defend, I guess.

And Rio getting '#stayonyourfeet' into the interview again was funny - not as funny as the United players holding an inflatable PL trophy though. :D

Most bizzare final ten minutes I've seen with us just playing it between our back line, though Blackburn clearly didn't give a shit as they refused to commit and chase it, so works for both sides.

Didn't look like a penalty at first, but I haven't seen the replay. Guess it likely was, otherwise I'm sure a few would be in here going 'OMGZ TYPICAL UNITED ALWAYS GET THE CHEAT DECISIONS REFEREE BUM LOVE LOLZ'. Glad about the result, was nervous as hell at one point. And thank fuck Kuszczak is leaving at the end of the season.

Because that clearly indicates that it must have been a penalty.

Most bizzare final ten minutes I've seen with us just playing it between our back line,

You should of seen the last 20 minutes of Levante - Barcelona this week, I don't think the ball went more than 10 yards into the Levante half at any point.

Most bizzare final ten minutes I've seen with us just playing it between our back line, though Blackburn clearly didn't give a shit as they refused to commit and chase it, so works for both sides.

Didn't look like a penalty at first, but I haven't seen the replay. Guess it likely was, otherwise I'm sure a few would be in here going 'OMGZ TYPICAL UNITED ALWAYS GET THE CHEAT DECISIONS REFEREE BUM LOVE LOLZ'. Glad about the result, was nervous as hell at one point. And thank fuck Kuszczak is leaving at the end of the season.

Did you miss the part where I said 'Guess it LIKELY was'? I didn't say it was 100% definite fact no doubt about it a penalty.

Did you miss the part where I said 'Guess it LIKELY was'? I didn't say it was 100% definite fact no doubt about it a penalty.

Did you miss the part where you suggesting that something is likely just due to the lack of response to it in this topic makes you look like a tool?

• Like 4

If the keeper makes contact with the player in the box, it's a penalty. Hernandez was never going to get that ball, but he brought Hernandez down when he really didn't need to. It was a soft penalty, I guess. But it was a penalty all the same.

Did you miss the part where you suggesting that something is likely just due to the lack of response to it in this topic makes you look like a tool?

Yes, I missed that part.

Congratulations Manchester United for winning the Premier League title, and in the process overtaking Liverpool's title haul.

I shall go back to hating you every other week and supporting Barcelona in the CL final, but today marks quite a special achievement for the club and its fans.

While I want Blackpool to stay up....I think they'll go down cause even if Man.U play a weakened team it'll still be a strongish side, plus with Blackpools notorious leaky back 4 and keeper I think they'll go down.

Also, please can Ancellotti play the reserves tomorrow since he's got nothing to play for? We haven't either, but it'd be nice to finish top half.

We need to secure second. Finishing above Arsenal still holds some value to us. :P

But more to the point, the actual reserves have a play-off final against Blackburn Reserves on Monday which will decide the overall winners of the Reserves league (each side being the winners of their respective South/North leagues). Hence you won't be seeing any of them against Newcastle on Sunday.

Also, please can Ancellotti play the reserves tomorrow since he's got nothing to play for? We haven't either, but it'd be nice to finish top half.

We need to secure second. Finishing above Arsenal still holds some value to us. :P

But more to the point, the actual reserves have a play-off final against Blackburn Reserves on Monday which will decide the overall winners of the Reserves league (each side being the winners of their respective South/North leagues). Hence you won't be seeing any of them against Newcastle on Sunday.

Youth team?

• Like 1

Absolutely over the moon, amazing feeling.

Despite two back-to-back victories I still think Wolves will go down. I can't see anything but Blackpool marking the end of a fairy tale season with a win at Old Trafford.

It won't be easy for Blackpool even if United play a "weakened" side, we'll probably see The Da Silva Twins,Fletcher,Berbatov,Owen and Scholes playing.

A small part of me does want them to stay up they are ridiculously entertaining, is there anyway they can stay up even if they lose at Old Trafford?

It'll be a similar team as against Schalke (2nd leg) I'd imagine next week, so they'll be more than capable. I'd love for us to just lie down for Blackpool but it won't happen, the players out there will be fighting for a CL final place remember? Stranger things have happened though so you never know...

Judging by Fergie's interview, he wants his first teamers to play again before we play Barca. He said the players who don't play against Blackpool will feature in G.Nevs' testimonial, so it'll likely be a bit half and half when it comes to the strength of the squad.