Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

Finally Triple H's spray mist actually looks like mist as opposed to giant chunks of water. SvR11 has the makings to be the best wrestling game to date, no joke.

This is the weirdest goddamn hyperbole in history.

"FINALLY! Triple H spews REALISTIC LOOKING WATER! Step aside, Fire Pro!"

Sorry, those were to be two separate statements. One about how Triple H's water looks amazing now & then, because of the massive amount of features, customization, & roster, SvR11 has the makings to be the best wrestling game to date. Better? <_<

All of these are good things, and there's no doubt a lot of positive additions to this game, but there's been little to suggest the actual in-ring gameplay is going to be a massive leap over last years game, which got stale and plodding very quickly. Its been many years since they had an AI which was actually agressive, rather than one which just stands there and then counters everything you try.

Though who am I kidding - they had me at code-breaker off a ladder. >_>

Man, All THQ would need to do would be to straight port the Season mode over from Here Comes the Pain and they'd have a winner.

I'm being completely serious, All you would have to do would be to tweak the dialogue and swap some of the characters over (Having to prove yourself to Goldberg and getting your ass whooped as a low level CAW can be played by Sheamus and so on).

With the advances in disk space, You could fit a metric ton and a half of storyline's with text rather than VO.

So yeah, Replaying the season mode in HCTP and i've realised that it needs to be in a future version of SDvRaw (Story designer doesn't count.) - discuss.

It was good but it's not as great as it's known today. The walking around backstage was essentially pointless, but looked nice and the storylines were linear at best. Some of them were great though. One sticks in my mind where there was some sort of division in the roster, can't remember why, but I recall Jeff Hardy leading the face side if you opted for the heel side. Was there a storyline like this or did I just dream it up?

Guest jaywhyte

I want GM Mode back. No Mercy for the 64 had the best story/season mode in my opinion and its been going backwards ever since. I just want my GM Mode back with the option of picking the loser/winner (if you wish)? Also beating all the modes needs to give you unlimited CAW points. Oh yeah, one more thing, being able to FULLY edit a wrestler. Like if I want to take Randy Orton and mask his ass up and pair him with Rey Mysterio...let me do it!!! If I want to say he's been hanging out with Austin too much and give him a beer gut and drop his speed 4 points...let me do it!!!

Customization = Success

Guest jaywhyte

well you only eliminated 1 of the 4 things I want...lol. The changing of gear colors will have to do...just using that as an example because I hate how they make everyone look so roided up on the game. This years looks better in terms of that but it looks like the main event guys they still want to look overpowering compared to the others.

And they've said tht they aren't limiting the points you can use on a CAW this year

Guest jaywhyte

And they've said tht they aren't limiting the points you can use on a CAW this year

I thought I read that somewhere but I wasn't sure it still held true. Oh, and hopefully we get to edit the downloaded stars others created with points & gear because I'm terrible at creating guys. That was a very annoying feature. I'm just too pumped up for this game!!! I really hope its not a letdown as the past couple years have been.

I thought I read that somewhere but I wasn't sure it still held true. Oh, and hopefully we get to edit the downloaded stars others created with points & gear because I'm terrible at creating guys. That was a very annoying feature. I'm just too pumped up for this game!!! I really hope its not a letdown as the past couple years have been.

Can you please read the thread before you start getting pissed off about the lack of features that we've already discussed are in the game?

• Like 2

Guest jaywhyte

Can you please read the thread before you start getting pissed off about the lack of features that we've already discussed are in the game?

My bad >_< I apologize :)

Much like HCTP, No Mercy's Season Mode hasn't aged well either. Well, No Mercy hasn't aged well, period, but adding in a glitchy season mode where you have to do the same thing over and over, then intentionally lose at a certain branch point, isn't ideal either. Story Designer is the best season/story mode I've ever seen in a wrestling game. Sure, you have to do all the work yourself, or sift through the mountains of crap that is user-generated content, but if you know what you're doing, the possibilities are practically endless.

• Like 1

The Designer was annoying as hell though when creating your own.

I don't know about the 360, but on PS3 the on-screen keyboard was fucking shit. And it wouldn't carry words onto the next line properly, so you'd have to press enter if a word was too long and write it there. Also, there wasn't nearly enough space to write something in without having to start a fresh 'speech'.

If we'd been able to use the PS3's built in one, it would've been so much easier.

Oh yeah, you definitely need a USB keyboard to do it, but once you figure out the quirks, it's a breeze. It only took me a few hours of work to do a pretty damn detailed storyline going from October to WrestleMania. It was also the most fun I've had with Smackdown in years.

Guest jaywhyte

Oh yeah, you definitely need a USB keyboard to do it, but once you figure out the quirks, it's a breeze. It only took me a few hours of work to do a pretty damn detailed storyline going from October to WrestleMania. It was also the most fun I've had with Smackdown in years.

what I couldn't figure out is how to actually have the show run in sequential form. thats what made me quit...i definitely need a keyboard as well.