Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

This is out the same day as Fable 3 (in the UK at least.) Bang goes that weekend.

Anyway, Uk'ers, pre-order offers so far are as follows:

GAME have the offer with the Bret Hart code.

Play have the 'Lord of Darkness' Edition - which has the code to get the Undertaker's Ministry attire, an Undertaker art card, Unforgiven 2007 DVD and a specially desgined slip for the cover.

Gamestation have 'The Hitman' edition. As above, but with Bret Hart not 'Taker, and the 'Best there Is' DVD rather than Unforgiven.

Amazon are charging £10 than any of the above for nothing extra at all. Clearly the best offer. >_>

16436767%20Contents.jpg

WWESvR2011HitManEd360.jpg

Guest jaywhyte

They probably didn't announce it because they know SD games online are fucking awful.

They are supposedly suppose to be better this year. THQ said last year the reason it lagged and you got disconnected and shit so much was the fact that they (stupidly) put everything onto 1 server. People were trying to download wrestlers, stories, media...upload all that and wrestle in matches at the same time. This year they separated it to different servers. At least that's the word according to PlayStation magazine....

This is out the same day as Fable 3 (in the UK at least.) Bang goes that weekend.

Anyway, Uk'ers, pre-order offers so far are as follows:

GAME have the offer with the Bret Hart code.

Play have the 'Lord of Darkness' Edition - which has the code to get the Undertaker's Ministry attire, an Undertaker art card, Unforgiven 2007 DVD and a specially desgined slip for the cover.

Gamestation have 'The Hitman' edition. As above, but with Bret Hart not 'Taker, and the 'Best there Is' DVD rather than Unforgiven.

Amazon are charging £10 than any of the above for nothing extra at all. Clearly the best offer. >_>

16436767%20Contents.jpg

WWESvR2011HitManEd360.jpg

Is that the 3-disc Bret Hart dvd? Really? Guess I know where I'm ordering it from.

It doesn't say. It seems weird that the Undertaker pack is a one-disc DVD and the Hart one is a 3-disc boxset, but then I don't know of a one-disc version of that Hart DVD set.

• Admin

Guys.

Either I'm being completely retarded, or IGN don't update their site anywhere. Cos I've been checking all week for new videos, articles or even a full roster list on their PS3 page yet there has been nothing added since the end of August.

I know they don't do a countdown any more, but it seems like they actually don't do anything considering the game is meant to be out next month.

for all ukers just checked tesco they seems to have sd vs raw 2011 viper edition with randy orton on the front, The “Viper” special edition for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 system, includes the following items: · WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 Videogame · WWE No Mercy® 2007 DVD · Randy Orton® Exclusive Art Card · Randy Orton Three-Pack of Alternate Attire Options (T-Shirt, Suit and Referee Uniform). oh and zavvi is giving you a free sd vs raw 2011 t shirt

Edited by the gurn

Guest jaywhyte

Problem I have with all the gameplay (in the past) is you had to drag your opponent to certain areas to do crap (put through a table, throw into a ringpost, drop on the security fence, etc) instead of it having a more natural feel to it. The Hell in a Cell looks like its going to be the same way (even though its much better than kicking out the door and climbing to the top of the cell with no other real options).

I really hope THQ makes one for PC someday where people can create mods like they still do with the last game that came out for PC.

Those are my criticisms. Everything else looks amazing and I will definitely buy it the date of release.

They "unlocked" 6 profiles on the page yesterday - Vance Archer, Shad, JTG, Tyson Kidd, David Hart Smith, and Shawn Michaels. Some notes:

-Archer's finisher looks pretty sweet.

-Shad's new theme and tron are in. Still has his Cryme Tyme entrance so if you give enough of a fuck about Shad you can give him something heelish.

-They fucked up Smith's vid, it only shows 14 seconds of his celebration, not his entrance.

-They gave Tyson Kidd a generic big man entrance, including him stepping over the top rope. Seriously. I have a bad feeling that they got lazy and made that the only "Unified Tag Team Champion" entrance.

-Good thing HBK has an alternate attire (think I read that somewhere) because his default is DX gear.

Also, Vince McMahon was seen standing outside the ring during HBK's entrance, meaning he's one of the unknown playable characters. Not surprised by that, the only question is whether he's the last Raw guy (which would mean Carlito was ordered to be taken out of the game) or he's a legend.

According to Tank, they will be unlocking new profiles every Tuesday and Thursday for the next 4 weeks, including the unknown characters.