2010/2011 Europa League

EddieG

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpool team to play Napoli... For possibly what may be Hodgson's last game if rumors are true.

Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Skrtel, Konchesky, Poulsen, Spearing, Jovanovic, Shelvey, Babel, Ngog.

Subs: Jones, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Wilson, Maxi, Cole, Eccleston.

If this is Hodgson's last game, at least he'll have travelled in style.

Maiden's Bruce Dickinson flies Liverpool FC to Naples

Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson is flying the Liverpool squad to Naples ahead of the club's Europa League clash with Italian side Napoli.

The Iron Maiden frontman, 52, who holds a commercial pilot's licence, will captain the Astraeus Airlines plane from Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Dickinson, despite admitting he had no allegiance to any football team, said he hoped he would bring the Reds luck.

Liverpool are due to play Napoli at 1800 BST on Thursday.

"I was originally supposed to be going to Iceland and flying down to Las Palmas and Tenerife, but this looked a lot more interesting so I'm flying the team down to Naples."

Dickinson, who joined Iron Maiden in 1981, said he was lucky his day job left him time to perform.

"People ask me, which do you enjoy more and I honestly can't say, but what I can say is that I am never, ever going to give up singing.

"That's been my life and fortunately I'm in a job where I can get the time off to do it.

"In fact, the airline that I work for, Astraeus, we designed an aeroplane for an Iron Maiden tour and flew it round the world, we've done it twice now.

"It's never been done before, bands have had private jets before, but no band until Maiden has even come up with the idea of taking all the equipment, and the road crew and the band on one aircraft.

"It's like the biggest tour bus in the world."

The flight was due to leave Liverpool at 1100 BST.

From BBC News

Edited by Bobfoc

• 1 month later...

Eh, at first glance it looks nowhere near as bad as the Boro game a few weeks ago - against Derby I think it was.

Hull, who decided to wear their white away kit.

Either way I doubt anything compares to the end of Poznan against Juventus last month, the referee clearly just didn't want to go through it again and made them finish...

1-1 suits us anyway. Here is the full draw:

Match 1 - Napoli v Villareal

Match 2 - Rangers v Sporting Lisbon

Match 3 - Sparta Prague v Liverpool

Match 4 - Anderlecht v Ajax

Match 5 - Lech Poznan v Braga

Match 6 - Besiktas v Dynamo Kiev

Match 7 - Basel v Spartak Moscow

Match 8 - Young Boys v Zenit St Petersburg

Match 9 - Aris Thessaloniki v Manchester City

Match 10 - PAOK Salonika v CSKA Moscow

Match 11 - Seville v Porto

Match 12 - Rubin Kazan v FC Twente

Match 13 - Lille v PSV Eindhoven

Match 14 - Benfica v vfb Stuttgart

Match 15 - BATE Borisov v Paris Saint-Germain

Match 16 - Metalist Kharkiv v Bayer Leverkusen

Seville vs. Porto the only really interesting match. We should beat Aris no problem

• 1 month later...

Not sure how many people caught the City game yesterday, but overall it was a shitty 0-0, the atmosphere over there in Greece was amazing though.

Also, the young lad rockbox was on about ther other day Raheem Sterling, is in the squad for the Liverpool game tomorrow. He scored 5 goals in a youth cup game the other day and if he plays will become Liverpool's youngest ever player according to The Mirror.

Liverpool may have brought Raheem Sterling to Prague, but he didn't make the bench. I guess Kenny didn't want to put too much pressure on him.

He had homework to do. :shifty:

• Like 1

Liverpool and Rangers doing the business in the final minutes, lets see if City can follow suit.

Rangers now play PSV in the last 16 whilst Liverpool will play the winners of Braga and Lech Poznan in a few minutes.

Edited by Starvinho