Football Manager 2011

Dan

And a good run of results, including hammering Spurs 4-1 comes to an end with a 2-1 defeat at Newcastle; who had 'remember him,' blast-from-the-past, Subbuteo Squads and Pannini sticker collections star striker Steffan Iversen up front.

It's good to be back.

This thread now has it's best post. See you in 2012!

Thank-you, thank-you, I aim to please.

FUCK the game for arranging an FA Cup replay on the same day as an International match just because England aren't playing. I'm still without Reina, Vertonghen, Hazard, Babel and Torres; meaning due to injuries as well my only fit striker is a young Ecuadorian I signed on the cheap and is my 4th/5th choice. Worse still, I'm having to play Brad Jones :crying:

Finished 3rd, 1 point behind Arsenal but 15 behind Man U :( A drastic dip in form ever since the Braga 1st leg defeat lead to me hitting true inconsistent form and morale dipped.

However a late comeback in the season led to the push for 3rd and i'm happy with the end of the season. Just disapointed that I lost to Blackburn after extra time 3-2 in the Carling Cup and I lost to West Brom on pens in the FA Cup semi final despite dominating the game (Maybe i'm just cursed at Wembley :( )

Andy Carroll is now speaking to me so maybe next season the push for the title is on hand especially with some of the people coming in ie: Alexis Sanchez.

I'm thinking I might put my Red Star gamer to one side for the time being and try a run in England...

I've had domestic success with Villa on FM09 and after a 20 year game I still couldn't win in Europe.

I have NEVER won in Europe in of my games from any of the installments. I just can't do it. Often stumbling at the final hurdle.

So I'm contemplating having a run with Chelsea. As a fan, I have never used them, as I don't want to make them look bad.

I missed practically the whole last season due to my gf cancel my sports subscription on TV so not sure how things really played out.

Who would be a good solid Mid-table club to kick things off with?

Started a new game. Went on vacation, applying for jobs as they opened, but didn't get offered until two and a half years in the game. :/

I'm at Wycombe. I took over after 34 games. They were in 17th, and their leading goalscorer had five goals.

We're now at 44 games, with two to go, and we're in 10th, two points behind 9th. In ten games I have not had the same starting eleven once, because I easily lose two, if not three or four, guys to injury...every...single...match.

So I finally lost in the 14th game of the season against Berwick with a flukey own goal prompting all the press to say that our miracle run was over. Next game we beat League favourites Dundee 2-1 on their pitch to tie them at the top with 26 points. Suck it media

Jamil Adam, free signing in January, who I really only bought as cover fired us into the playoffs with some great form at the end of the season and then when we were 0-1 down to Wycombe in the first leg popped up and scored two in the last three minutes to give us the advantage going into the second leg!

Fuck yeah, made the FA Cup Final against Tottenham! I always seem to do badly in the cups on FM games so I'm well chuffed with that.

In the league i'm somehow second with seven games to go. I'm seven points behind Man Utd, two in front of Arsenal, seven in front of Chelsea and eight in front of Spurs. Though I do have to play Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea before the end of the season, and we only took one point from the three games earlier on in the season, so I don't expect to stay second.

But I don't care, even third is well above expectation and I made the FA Cup final! I might wear a suit...

I have opted to try out Bolton, as per Lineker's suggestion. Should be interesting.

Haven't really looked at strengthening the squad and am about to start the season.

I've brought in Bouzanis on loan as my backup keeper and that's about it.

Playing a 4-4-2 (but often push the right side forward into WBR & AMR positions.)

Pre-season was good with victories over East Fife (6-0), Kilmarnock (0-2) and America (MEX) (3-1). Also a hard fought 3-3 draw with Partizan (Serbian Champions)

Starting the season off against West Ham. Could pick up a victory if things go my way but will be happy with a draw.

Should have time to run a couple of matches before work tomorrow.

Exactly, same here. I fear failing symmetry.

I was eight points behind Man Utd, not seven, but I just beat them 2-1 to make me five points behind with five games left. Spurs beat Arsenal on the same day, so I have a five point cushion over them too. Though I still have the games against Arsenal and Chelsea to go, and barely any full-fit players for an away trip to Sunderland.

Avram Grant seems to hate me for some reason, but DiMatteo loves me. If the game allowed it I think he'd invite me out for some pasta and a few shots.

My first poor season at Wigan - currently 15th in Jan - and the board are rumoured to be losing faith in me. They didn't have this shit to say when I finished 8th, 9th and 9th the last three years. Nevermind my Carling Cup win. Fickle, Mr. Whelan, fickle. I've turned down Sunderland, Blackburn, Arsenal and Villa (and several foreign jobs) to stay loyal to Wigan and now I hear this bullshit?