The International Football Federations Thread

hugobomb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jersey are hosting a UEFA delegation by the year's end. I think them getting in is a bit of a longshot, due to them not being an independent nation - but good luck to 'em.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Yeah, wasn't that confirmed months ago?

Should have had it in Baku if you ask me. As much chance of Azerbaijan making the final as there is England.

I didn't know, I only just saw it on reddit. I would have liked to see it in Rome so the Welsh team, if they made the final, can sing "The Green, Green Grass of Rome". 

I'm not sure why Baku is there but I assume it is there for the same reason that Baku is on the F1 calendar. Why no Paris?

• Like 1

You would assume Paris/France weren't allowed to bid due to hosting the previous tournament. If I remember correctly, only us and Munich bid to host the semis/final and Germany pulled out in a deal where we agreed to endorse Germany to host the 2024 tournament outright. We might bid ourselves for 2028, though I'd much rather see us host a World Cup since we had the Euros 30 years less time ago than the WC.

45 minutes ago, Adam said:

You would assume Paris/France weren't allowed to bid due to hosting the previous tournament. If I remember correctly, only us and Munich bid to host the semis/final and Germany pulled out in a deal where we agreed to endorse Germany to host the 2024 tournament outright. We might bid ourselves for 2028, though I'd much rather see us host a World Cup since we had the Euros 30 years less time ago than the WC.

Still a bit silly since its a European tournament, Paris is already set up to be hosts.

• 2 weeks later...