Blackstorm

Here There Be Monsters

Orange Goblin

The Gaslight Anthem

Ben Harper

The Hives

Pearl Jam

Mammothfest 2010....mostly local bands, but I'll include Orange Goblin again

Loosely stuck together in order of who I've seen, plus grouped in places I've seen them. Some support I really can't remember, and I'm sure I'm missing some nights out.

Tightest band I've seen live were Metallica, favourite band is probably Orange Goblin, surprise was Placebo.

I've got a terrible memory and I'm far too lazy to type in every band I've ever seen, so I'll just put my favourite shows. Saw Saves the Day and Alkaline Trio around 2006 or so, had really low expectations going in since I didn't know either bad but they became two of my favourites from that show alone. Saw The Dropkick Murphys outdoors in the rain, which might have been my favourite show ever. Also saw Staind that day, back when I still listened to them.

I think I can remember most of them, the important ones at the very least. My list will start in order of the first concert I ever attended and will probably follow order until the middle of the pack where my memory becomes obscured by alcohol.

ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynrd. First show ever, Skynrd was decent at best, ZZ Top on the other hand was fucking awesome. I don't think EWB knows that I love ZZ Top (now you do), they just flat out rock, and put on a great show.

Creedence Clear Water Revisted. Tickets were free, show was average.

Elvis Costello. He was a lot of fun, I was fortunate to see him at a time when I was really into his music, so I really enjoyed the whole performance.

Primus. I used to be big in to Primus, not as much anymore, but they are very good live. They put on one hell of a show truth be told, probably one of the best live performances I will ever see.

The Queers. They were better than expected considering I'm not a fan.

Anti Nowhere League. They were awesome, it was like a damn dream come true to see some actual punk legends that could still rock out, even in their older years.

GBH. Same as above, a different style than the League, but every bit as amazing. Possibly my favorite small venue experience.

New York Dolls. Not bad, but something of a letdown. They were just too old, and only two original members survive.

Ozzfest. Pretty shitty honestly, though it was very cool to see Ozzy live. It was a bunch of crap like Hatebreed, Static X, Lamb of God, and other junk. Lordi was kind of entertaining, as was Cthonic.

Reverend Horton Heat (X3). Fucking amazing every time.

Eh, I sort of got burnt out writing all of that. Here's the rest of what I can remember...Blue Cheer (awesome, even at their age they didn't slow down), Motorhead (Twice, second time was amazing, first was good, but needed a smaller venue), Judas Priest (Same show as first Motorhead show, good stuff), Murder By Death (Very good, a favorite of my wife, but I think I enjoyed this as much as her), Municipal Waste (fucking great, they rocked their asses off), Alice Cooper (really good shit. Everything you'd want from an Alice Cooper show, great rock, theatrics, just amazing).

On top of that, two opening acts stuck out for me. Split Lip Rayfield opened for the Reverend Horton Heat the third time I saw them and they blew me away, the best opening act I have ever seen (prior to knowing who they are). I became an instant fan.

Secondly, when I saw Alice Cooper, a band featuring two former members of Mytch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels came out and played a great set. The set include an incredibly good cover of The Detroit Wheels "Jenny Take a Ride".

I can bet that there are more shows, but fuck, I can't remember. I've seen so many different local shows that have probably helped pushed the memory of other shows out of my head. Maybe if I start thinking of venues I've been to some of this shit will trigger. Still, I've seen some great shows and I am happy with what I have seen thus far.

Speaking of which, Skummy listed two bands that I regret not seeing when I had the chance. The Stooges being the big one, especially because I didn't figure that Ron Asheton was going to die only a few years after that show. The other was the Buzzcocks which I skipped out on last May because I'm a lazy fuck.

Zero - Hawthorne Heights...ten plus times? I understand you're from Ohio and I assume they are too (I really shouldn't remember that their big hit was "Ohio Is For Lovers") but...ten times?

Yeah, they're from Dayton, which is less than an hour away and they were good friends of the station I used to work for. Most of those times were work-related, they even came in and did an acoustic set on my old show and me and my boss were at their video shoot for Nikki FM. They're good guys and while their music isn't anything spectacular, I'm always happy to support them and they often put on free shows here as well, so I generally try to see them whenever I can.

Now if you want crazy, talk to my girlfriend, who has seen 30 Seconds to Mars over 40 times.

Now if you want crazy, talk to my girlfriend, who has seen 30 Seconds to Mars over 40 times.

Which one of them does she get massively wet over?

As for me, I'm ashamed to say it but I've never seen anybody live. For some reason, going to gigs and such never hugely appealed to me in the past, and I rarely have the money to go see stuff these days.

I've seen very few: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, The Get Up Kids, Green Day, Rufus Wainwright, Counting Crows, Ben Folds (twice), Guster, Rilo Kiley, Tilly and the Wall, and--believe it or not--a young and hungry pre-fame band by the name of Muse (they were opening for RHCP and the Foo Fighters if you can believe it). Other than that, I've mostly seen a ton of local bands; I hit Canal Street Tavern downtown when I can find somebody who wants to go, since their shows are usually a good time.

Wait....LUKIE has seen Guitar Wolf? Amazing. I love those guys.

Shonen Knife are so much fun live, can't remember if I remembered to list them myself or not...really top stuff, and lovely people too, they signed a CD for me, and it's the most adorable autograph ever - each band member drew a little cutesy animal face next to their signature. Also, they asked if they could have their photo taken with a friend of mine because she was wearing a Pikachu hoodie. A good day.

The Darkness (x2)

Blink 182

Guns N' Roses

Eagles Of Death Metal

Ian Brown

Fozzy

Ash (x2)

Do Me Bad Things

The Ark

Juliette & The Licks

The Zutons

The Twang

Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip

The Qemists

probably some others that I've seen as support bands or at Middlesbrough Music Live or something, drawing a blank though.

My list consist's of bands I have seen at Reading Festival between 05 - 09, Beach Break Live 2010 and other gigs and nightclub performances.

The Killers

Goldie Lookin Chain

Dropkick Murphys

Foo Fighters

Kings of Leon

Razorlight

Iron Maiden

Marilyn Manson

Incubus

NoFX

Funeral for a Friend

Bullet for my valentine

My chemical romance

Fightstar

The Subways

Bloc Party

Futureheads

LCD Soundsystem

Franz Ferdinand

Kaiser Chiefs

Fall Out Boy

Panic At The Disco

Dashboard Confessional

Dizzee Rascal

Bouncing Souls

Arctic Monkeys

The Streets

Feeder

Plan B

Reel Big Fish

Less Than Jake

2 Many Dj's

Lady Sovereign

Lethal Bizzle

Gogol Bordello

Enter Shikari

Billy Talent

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Lostprophets

The Used

Hadouken!

Seasick Steve

New Found Glory

Rage Against The Machine

The Fratellis

Vampire Weekend

MGMT

One Night Only

Dan le Sac VS Scroobius Pip

Goldfinger

Dirty Pretty Things

The Ting Tings

Metallica

Tenacious D

Pendulum

Wiley

Streetlight Manifesto

The Prodigy

Snuff

A Plastic Rose

Chase & Status

Calvin Harris

Ellie Goulding

Example

Subfocus

Fake Blood

Scratch Perverts

Gentleman's Dub Club

Skuff & Inja

Dub Mafia

Bowling For Soup

A

Zebrahead

Basshunter

DJ Talent :shifty:

Ive seen a fair few amounts of DJ sets and im sure ive forgotten some stuff, but that's nearly about it.

Which one of them does she get massively wet over?

Strangely enough, none of them. My girlfriend's weird, she doesn't really have celebrity crushes or anything like that, she just genuinely enjoys their music. And 30STM has such a die-hard, loyal fanbase, and they're all a pretty tightly-knit community, so I think that's a big part of it too. She's met them a bunch too, actually knew Matt pretty well, but he's in Angels & Airwaves now, and the rest of the band aren't nearly as personable. I've met them a couple times too, they're interesting guys, Tomo is pretty cool, but the Leto Bros. are a little out there.

Fuck, you guys have been to lots of shows.

I've seen "Weird Al" Yankovic twice, The Who twice (Robert Plant opened at the first show), and the Dropkick Murphys once. And my friend's two bands a bunch of times. Going to see Ozzy and Halford in December, though.

Lets see, only listing the major internationals (plus a few of my favorites) cause to list every local band would take forever:

White Stripes

Foo Fighters

Nine Inch Nails

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Smashing Pumpkins

QOTSA

Rage Against the Machine

Arcade Fire

Muse

Linkin Park

The Mars Volta

Lily Allen

Chris Cornell (solo)

Dizzee Rascall

The Checks

The Mint Chicks

Shihad

EDIT: And Bjork! :D

Edited by SwantonEdge

Wait....LUKIE has seen Guitar Wolf? Amazing. I love those guys.

Shonen Knife are so much fun live, can't remember if I remembered to list them myself or not...really top stuff, and lovely people too, they signed a CD for me, and it's the most adorable autograph ever - each band member drew a little cutesy animal face next to their signature. Also, they asked if they could have their photo taken with a friend of mine because she was wearing a Pikachu hoodie. A good day.

It was madness. They are so ridiculously loud that I couldn't hear properly for 2 days afterwards. The stage divers got so annoying though. But yeah, they still did the whole Guitar Wolf (lead guy), being so into it, that he has to rest, so got some fatass in the crowd on stage to play the guitar, then he faked collapsing.

They always do some strange story.

And ever since the original Bass Wolf died of a heart attack, they start toning down their lifestyle, so he was on stage, ready to do his big beer scull, that he always does at the start of shows, and it was a light beer.

Genius.

Well, ignoring local stuff, I've seen:

AC/DC (x2): Fantastic both times, but even better the second time. That said, I like them so much I have an AC/DC tattoo, so I'm biased.

Bob Dylan: I'm a massive fan, so really enjoyed the show. I can see why people would hate it though.

Paul McCartney: Really fucking great.

The Answer (x3): Saw them supporting AC/DC and at a Belfast charity gig, but the first full gig I saw was awesome.

Airbourne: Good for what they were, and I got in for free, so yay!

Frank Turner (x3): The first time I got too drunk to really remember, but it was a solo show. The other two were full band and were fantastic gigs.

Damien Rice: He was supported by Fionn Regan, Willy Mason, The Guillemots and KT Tunstall. All four support acts were good, while Rice was excellent.

Tom Jones: AWESOME! Although me and my mate did get told to sit down for being too rowdy >_>

Don McLean: Didn't really want to go, but my girlfriend did. I ended up really enjoying it actually.

Britney Spears: Jesus. Went to please my ex. It was dire.

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to see Robert Plant (which should be good) and Simply Red (which won't, but my girlfriend's a big fan and this is their farewell tour). I think that's it.

Bon Jovi x2

Paramore

Plain White T's

Alkaline Trio

Finch

Cobra Starship

All Time Low

My American Heart

Mayday Parade x2

Trivium

Reel Big Fish x2

Zebrahead x2

Bowling For Soup

Panic! At The Disco

The Color Fred

Bloodhound Gang

Nickelback

Goo Goo Dolls

Army of Freshman x2

Keith Urban

Basically I was a scene kid without the screaming stuff.

As for favorite... I'm torn between 4.

Goo Goo Dolls was wonderful for going on my birthday, meeting the band afterwords and being picked up and hugged by John Rzeznic. (Yes, I am small enough to be picked up and hugged by someone)

Reel Big Fish was my first ever gig and it was just an all around great experience.

Mayday Parade was one of those rare times (for me at least) that I got the chance to see the band when I was really into them, so it was just great. I also shouted something like 'main stage next year!' when it suddenly went silent and the singer replied to me, so that was awesome.

And Bon Jovi is my all time favorite band and seeing all their classics was just fantastic, but each time it was brought down slightly by either a) not with the best people for the gig or b) having to arrive early for good spots and be dying of exhaustion by the time they came on.

Matthew Good (x2)

Leonard Cohen

The Hold Steady

Alexisonfire

Fall Out Boy

The Starting Line

Boys Night Out

Panic! At The Disco

Motion City Soundtrack

Green Day

My Chemical Romance

Sum 41

Blue Rodeo

David Usher

54-40

Hey Rosetta!

I think that's about it - I just saw The Hold Steady last night, and what a show. Matthew Good and Leonard Cohen by far have been the best musical experiences of my life.

My first gig was when I was 14, so not that long ago.

Does It Offend You, Yeah? - 9

New Young Pony Club - 6

Pete Doherty - 9

Detroit Social Club - 5

White Lies - 6

The Human League - 6

The Wombats - 8

Little Comets - 7

Kid British - 6

Little Boots - 5

The View - 8

Dizzee Rascal - 9