The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

Heaping, heaping helpings of grains of salt but this is from Topless Robot:

• There's another pic of Batman fighting Bane on some courthouse steps, but with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Gotham City cop John Blake, too. Latino Review says they have a source who says Bane breaks Batman's back early in the film and Gordon-Levitt's character fulfills kind of an Azrael role -- filling in for Bats while he mends, I guess -- although Latino Review is hardly 100% accurate with these things. Still, I can see Nolan wanting to do something with Batman as an idea more than a person, and what happens when someone else does that role -- by no means a certainty, but it's also not out of the realm of possibility.

• There's another pic of Batman fighting Bane on some courthouse steps, but with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Gotham City cop John Blake, too. Latino Review says they have a source who says Bane breaks Batman's back early in the film and Gordon-Levitt's character fulfills kind of an Azrael role -- filling in for Bats while he mends, I guess -- although Latino Review is hardly 100% accurate with these things. Still, I can see Nolan wanting to do something with Batman as an idea more than a person, and what happens when someone else does that role -- by no means a certainty, but it's also not out of the realm of possibility.

I hope not. I like the idea, but I only kind of like Levitt as it is, I really don't want to think of him as Batman of all people.

I hope not. I like the idea, but I only kind of like Levitt as it is, I really don't want to think of him as Batman of all people.

I like both the idea and Gordon-Levitt in that type of role. Given his body of work, I am definitely going to give him the benefit of the doubt especially with Nolan.

• Like 3

Eh, I'll wait and see. I doubt that she looks that way the entire movie; Rob Bricken made a pretty decent point over on Topless Robot, that being that we don't know the context - it could be before she adopts the Catwoman name and get-up, could be a lot of things. But yeah, those visors are awrful.

More Catwoman news, from batman-news.com (contains spoilers about Catwoman's origin story in the film):

One of the things mentioned was “she steals the Batpod” and at the time, I thought that sounded too cool to be true. Well, now Warner Bros. has officially released a picture of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman on top of the Batpod, which means there’s probably some truth in that report I received. Here it is in full… if you’re avoiding details about Catwoman’s backstory, you may not want to continue.

Catwoman is apparently one of the most well written characters we’ve seen in these movies so far and she could potentially steal the show the way Heath Ledger did last time. She does some cool stuff in the movie like jumping out of windows and stealing the Batpod. Her back story is that she has a history of abuse and works as a stripper and is also a pickpocket.

And if you weren’t blown away by Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman costume, don’t worry. A completely separate source informed me that Catwoman will be wearing a cowl at some point in The Dark Knight Rises. I’m not as confident in this source yet, so I’m passing this info along for the sake of discussion. As always this should be taken as rumor until it’s proven to be official, but I have no reason to doubt the accuracy in the first report regarding Selina Kyle’s backstory.

http://batman-news.com/2011/08/06/exclusive-details-on-catwoman-in-the-dark-knight-rises/#ixzz1UGj2qqrI

The gist: Catwoman will apparently don the cowl in the film.

Was at Heinz Field for the Batman filming yesterday. It was awesome.

Lots of cameo appearances in our scene and lots of chaos. I tried to piece together the plot of the film based on our scene that we shot and the trailer that we were shown, I think it's going to be really really good.

Can't wait to see if I got in the film or not.

• 1 month later...

My fiancee works at Starbucks and there's a regular at her store who comes in every morning and shows them pictures and videos from what he was on set for the day before. I'm not sure exactly what he does but I guess he showed her something mentioning Hulk/Bane fight scene? I don't know if Hulk being in this movie has been leaked/announced/whatever cause I'm not really following but if not there you go.

And obviously I can't verify but I do trust that she's not lying about it.

It was a production schedule reading a time frame and then "clean up after Hulk/Bane fight scene"

EDIT:

But the more I think about that it doesn't make sense since Hulk is Marvel and Batman is DC. So maybe he's a fucking prankster trying to trick my woman.

Edited by S.V. Ellis

My fiancee works at Starbucks and there's a regular at her store who comes in every morning and shows them pictures and videos from what he was on set for the day before. I'm not sure exactly what he does but I guess he showed her something mentioning Hulk/Bane fight scene? I don't know if Hulk being in this movie has been leaked/announced/whatever cause I'm not really following but if not there you go.

It was a production schedule reading a time frame and then "clean up after Hulk/Bane fight scene"

EDIT:

But the more I think about that it doesn't make sense since Hulk is Marvel and Batman is DC. So maybe he's a fucking prankster trying to trick my woman.

The fact that you believed any of it for a second makes you just as foolish as "your woman."

• Like 2

EDIT:

The fact that you believed any of it for a second makes you just as foolish as "your woman."

I don't think it's too foolish to believe in the town that the film is being shot there are people who both work on the film and drink Starbucks coffee. But either way. K.