The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

The Dark Knight was an amazing midnight showing. I actually saw it at 3:30am, the theater was still sold out and everybody was having a good time. The bit with The Joker and the magic trick in the beginning got a seated ovation. So much fun. The Dark Knight Rises opens at midnight on my birthday, cannot wait for that.

Really? My response would have been "shut the fuck up".

I can't even fathom the though process that led you to think this was productive.

Or figure out the sense make in it either.

"Stop vocalising your enjoyment! Enjoy the film in complete silence!" is about the only sense I could get from it

• Like 2

The Dark Knight was an amazing midnight showing. I actually saw it at 3:30am, the theater was still sold out and everybody was having a good time. The bit with The Joker and the magic trick in the beginning got a seated ovation. So much fun. The Dark Knight Rises opens at midnight on my birthday, cannot wait for that.

I can't even fathom the though process that led you to think this was productive.

"Stop vocalising your enjoyment! Enjoy the film in complete silence!" is about the only sense I could get from it

That's what I was getting too - but then I thought, why the hell would you expect any less at a midnight showing of a BATMAN movie.

That's what I was getting too - but then I thought, why the hell would you expect any less at a midnight showing of a BATMAN movie.

Clearly we should all be enjoying it like a art house film, in sombre silence, allowing us to truely soak in the message of the film before having a quite discussion outside about how Bane breaking Batman's back "spoke" to us on a deeper level

The only midnight showing I've been to was for the last Harry Potter movie. It was a fun experience. Kids were dressing up, there were News crews everywhere. Once we got into the film it was actually pretty decent watching it with that kind of crowd. Normally I hate when people talk through movies or be obnoxious but normally the crowd's reaction was just a louder version of my own so I didn't really mind. (By louder I mean, if I laughed at something there would a loud crowd laugh or if something was sad [snape scene] then you'd hear people crying etc.)

Obviously everyone enjoys things differently, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I think we're forgetting a fine line here. There's a difference between briefly applauding a cool moment and going on about it so long that you don't hear what goes on afterwards.

The roars are loud, I have never had this problem before. Everyone else wants to hear the next thing as much as you do, so once it's clear someone is about to speak, it quickly dies down.

and the corporate tie-ins begin

I do like the disclaimer "Concept model shown and only available in Gotham City"

I'm pretty excited for this midnight showing because I have a local Warren theater. It has a balcony for patrons 21 and up only in its grand auditoriums. For a very slight upcharge over the normal price, I have an assigned seat in the balcony. Functionally, I can show up 2 hours early or 5 minutes early and still have my same exact seat, guaranteed.

I think it was a pretty good tradeoff to not be able to see it in the IMAX at midnight.

I'm pretty excited for this midnight showing because I have a local Warren theater. It has a balcony for patrons 21 and up only in its grand auditoriums. For a very slight upcharge over the normal price, I have an assigned seat in the balcony. Functionally, I can show up 2 hours early or 5 minutes early and still have my same exact seat, guaranteed.

I think it was a pretty good tradeoff to not be able to see it in the IMAX at midnight.

Considering about a third of the movie is filmed in IMAX, I would disagree. Though I do agree that those theaters are awesome as there's one near me and it was pretty great.

But there's no way I wasn't seeing this in IMAX at midnight (or in my case, 3:40am since the midnight showings were all sold out).

I'm gonna' see it in IMAX, but it'll be on matinee. Too likely I'm gonna' be working the following morning or the previous evening. Retail jobs... *sigh*

Considering about a third of the movie is filmed in IMAX, I would disagree. Though I do agree that those theaters are awesome as there's one near me and it was pretty great.

But there's no way I wasn't seeing this in IMAX at midnight (or in my case, 3:40am since the midnight showings were all sold out).

IMAX was sold out for midnight [sold out by 3 pm the day tickets went on sale], the theater has yet to add a later morning showing, and I'm 99% sure I'll be seeing it again, so I should say that for the options I had to see it at midnight, it was a good tradeoff.

Besides, I don't really want to have to line up for two hours before they'll let us in, hope I get a "good" IMAX seat (as close to the center of a row as I can get), and be by myself (therefore, hoping that if I have to go pee before the movie starts that my seat isn't sniped). The IMAX being sold out for midnight is the best thing that happened to me because the balcony seat won't have these concerns AND I can probably get in to see it a few days later at the IMAX without too much of the same issue.