The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

As far as The Penguin thing goes - he's actually more realistic than anybody would imagine. A man with flipper hands and pointed teeth? It has happened, due to a screwy vaccination that tested fine on animals, but messed up kids when pregnant mothers were given the vaccine during pregnancy, and sometimes before that. They'd come out with deformed hands, where a couple of fingers, sometimes all but one, were joined, the same thing happened with their toes, and sometimes their teeth would be really messed up when said teeth emerged. A rich family abandoning a child like that - totally would work as a condemnation of the wrong kind of wealthy people.

Oh, wait, sorry, that was a lot of the point of Batman Returns. So doing the Penguin justice in Nolan's third film wouldn't work because Burton already did it justice in his second film, and unlike The Joker, there really isn't more than one interpretation of the character that would make sense.

Hugo Strange FTW, personally.

Oh, wait, sorry, that was a lot of the point of Batman Returns. So doing the Penguin justice in Nolan's third film wouldn't work because Burton already did it justice in his second film, and unlike The Joker, there really isn't more than one interpretation of the character that would make sense.

Unless it were the interpretation of the character that exists everywhere but Batman Returns (and I guess The Batman but who cares about The Batman?). I mean, seriously, you're aware that the Penguin that exists in the comics and the Penguin that exists in Burton's movie are absolutely nothing alike, right?

Unless it were the interpretation of the character that exists everywhere but Batman Returns (and I guess The Batman but who cares about The Batman?). I mean, seriously, you're aware that the Penguin that exists in the comics and the Penguin that exists in Burton's movie are absolutely nothing alike, right?

...Bat...man... comic books?

• Like 2

Penguins with missiles are the wave of the future, TKz. The wave of the future.

Even though Batman Returns is my all time favorite movie, even I gotta say what the hell was up with the penguins having rockets on them. Though, I do like DeVito's version of Penguin, but I can see why some don't.

Dude, you're talking to Baby Hewey. He doesn't exactly have impeccable taste in... well, anything.

• 1 month later...

I can provide proof via press release. Here’s the full press release:

Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises. She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

The Dark Knight Rises is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.