The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

It would be awesome if the title was literal. The movie spends the entire time in Bruce Wayne's hospital bed and ends when he has regained enough strength to stand up again. :D

About Tom Hardy as Bane, I'm all for it. At this point, I warmed over to Hugo Strange being the villain, but I think this could work out well.

Anne Hathaway has shown that when she needs to act, she'll act. With the right director letting her know what he wants, she does work. Nolan is that great of a director that he'll get a performance out of her, just like he did Heath Ledger. HOWEVER, I can't stand Catwoman. I think Catwoman is a boring character and it really blows to see her come into this fantastic franchise. But I get why she's here. It's just really difficult to imagine there won't be some sort of love interest in here, and Catwoman seems like the right step in that direction.

It's strange to me that after Black Swan people are worried about Hathaways acting abilities.

Yeah she was great as the CGI swan!

I like Hathaway, she's always funny on SNL and Rachel Getting Married was great. Hopefully they don't have her turning into some sort of cat...woman and just have her as some sort of femme fatale who robs people.

It's strange to me that after Black Swan people are worried about Hathaways acting abilities.

Yeah she was great as the CGI swan!

I like Hathaway, she's always funny on SNL and Rachel Getting Married was great. Hopefully they don't have her turning into some sort of cat...woman and just have her as some sort of femme fatale who robs people.

Is this really a concern in Nolan's Batman?

Yeah, to clarify for me as well, I'm thrilled with the casting, just not entirely sold on the choice of villains. I wanted to see Hathaway casted in this flick, but I never thought it was going to be as Catwoman. I'm certain she can do it and do it well (at the very least far better than her two major predecessors), it's just that, as others have said... she's not exactly the most exciting of characters. Bane is great. I'm loving Bane, because it means we finally get to see him done right hopefully, rather than, well... what he was done as before. I liked his portrayal in Batman: Arkham Asylum as well and all, but I think seeing a darker, more realistic Bane is going to be much more of a thrill.

It's just Catwoman really. Hathaway can pull of any of the Batman female villains/major Batman female allies, but Catwoman wasn't one of the ones I was hoping to see. Still a step above Ivy, though.

Yes, because her entire role in the film was a short stint with some CGI. Totally forgettable performance.

I made a joke because she wasn't in that movie. It's not funny if I explain it. :(

Are you thinking of Natalie Portman/Mila Kunis/Winona Ryder?

I read this on Twitter while I was at work and I discussed it with a few people - I really have no idea where they are going with that combination of characters, but then again if this is meant to be a trilogy I have no idea, regardless, of what was going to happen anyways.

And here I was holding out hope for a Calender Man appearance. :shifty: