The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

Robin Williams in One Hour Photo and Insomnia was fantastic. He was even decent in Death To Smoochy where he played a more bitter, dark comedy character - even though he got a Razzie for it....Better than his madcap capers in other madcap fare.

I liked Bicentennial Man. :(

This would be great though, I've only ever seen snippets of One Hour Photo and he's pretty creepy just from those. It's obvious he's a great actor. I've always wanted to see OHP actually, might do it today.

Courtesy of Bleeding Cool and Brendan Connelly, where Wally Pfister, Nolan's normal Cinematographer, sorta says that Anne Hathaway is indeed going to be Catwoman.

Kevin McCarthy of Washington DC’s Kevin and Josh Movie Show this week had a good long chat with Wally Pfister, Chris Nolan’s regular cinematographer, and I was lucky enough to be invited to join in and ask a few questions of my own.

You may have taken part in the protest yourself, but in case you missed it, there was a lot of disappointment last week after Chris Nolan failed to receive a best director nomination from the Academy. Of course, Pfister and McCarthy shared in those feelings of confusion and dismay, and that’s where this conversation starts, before going on to discuss several Inception talking points, and the current state of play with The Dark Knight Rises.

I think you may enjoy listening to their whole chat. Both hours of McCarthy’s show are now online, and the Pfister interview rounds out Part One (from 45:55 or so ), and starts up Part Two.

It’s in Part Two that I join in and talk quickly turns to the new Batmovie. Pfister answers several questions, and makes it clear that he’s deep in prep, has read the screenplay. “As much as possible” will be filmed in IMAX, he promises, and he also makes specific reference the opening sequence being something impressive, something that could live up to, if not surpass, the spectacle of the last film.

When asking questions I asked, first of all, about Pfister’s approach to shooting for IMAX and Cinemascope at once, and his answer is well worth listening to in full. Later, I chipped in about the “Robin Williams as Hugo Strange” rumour, but Pfister hadn’t even heard the story. He did admit, however, that a lot is kept secret from him and:

They could turn around and surprise me too. It’s happened before. When I turned around and saw that list of girls that we were going to be screen testing before they cast Anne… I didn’t know myself who was real and who wasn’t until about two days before the tests when Emma told me.

Talking of the screentests, Kevin asked:

So, Wally you shot Anne’s screen test for Catwoman?

To which he replied in the affirmative. That’s a yes to Kevin saying “Catwoman”, not “Selina Kyle”. Hmmm.

Pfister added, a little later:

She looks phenomenal in the wardrobe.

I couldn’t let that lie. Later, I came back to it and asked if this meant what it seems to mean:

Brendon, I’d get fired and I wouldn’t even get to shoot the picture… I can’t really say, but I definitely want to be around next year…

Any doubt that Ms. Hathaway will be suiting up still remaining? I don’t think so.

Or maybe he’s just played us all. It’s a possibility.

Pfister was a most genial guest, and I’d recommend you check out the full 35 minutes or so of conversation. Thanks to Kevin for letting me join in, and for sending the audio over to share with you.

Robin Williams in One Hour Photo and Insomnia was fantastic. He was even decent in Death To Smoochy where he played a more bitter, dark comedy character - even though he got a Razzie for it....Better than his madcap capers in other madcap fare.

I own a dvd of a 2004 film of his. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364343/

The Final Cut.

He plays a man who lives in a future where implants in peoples heads allows them to make memorials for them at their deaths. He is a cutter, someone who peices memories together.

Its a great flick, recommend it. Pretty strong dramatic acting from him as he has to watch memories of people that do bad things and still makes them look like saints at the funeral movie.

It doesn't appear he will, it is rumored he will, just like it always has been.

Long rumored to play a part in Christopher Nolan's Batman sequel after his turn in the director's Inception last year, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is now reported by Deadline to be in talks for a role in The Dark Knight Rises.

Currently filming Rian Johnson's Looper, Gordon-Levitt has not officially been cast and, as of yet, there is no studio confirmation that he is even being sought to appear. That said, the actor has preemptively been the subject of much internet speculation regarding who he might play in the DC Universe and, as such, has certainly proven himself popular with Nolan fans.

The Dark Knight Rises is slated to feature the return of Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman, reprising their characters from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Newcomers confirmed to appear include Anne Hathaway in the part of Selina Kyle and Tom Hardy (who also appeared in Inception) in the role of Bane.

The film is planned for regular and IMAX release on July 20, 2012.

Read more: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Joining The Dark Knight Rises? - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73727#ixzz1CqFuASUy

"In talks" holds no solid foundation. Ever.

I just have no idea who JGL could be playing though, even though I think he would be a great addition to the cast... Nolan has already said Riddler is not in the movie, I think he is too young to play Strange, Bale doesn't want Robin in the film but does that immediately rull out Grayson? so where to now if its none of the above?

I was thinking he might be Alberto Falcone... If they go with the thinking that Selina Kyle could be the illegitimate daughter of Carmine Falcone, as a way to further tie this to Batman Begins, then I don't see why they couldn't have him come in as the son of Falcone... I don't know if we'd see him as The Holiday Killer though, it would just seem like it would be adding another villian that isn't really necessary at this point...

Anyone got any theories as to who he could play if he does indeed sign onto the movie?

Longshot here, but a tweaked version of Knightfall can be in order with Jean Paul Vally/Azrael.

The only fun part of Knightfall was the Batfamily having to deal with their entire Rogues Gallery all at once. With the Nolan films, seeing as Ra's al Ghul and Two-Face were killed off and reprising Joker is obviously difficult, that leaves, what. Scarecrow again? Mr. Zsasz? I'll pass.