The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

I'm quite happy with Bane, I would have probably preferred him as a secondary villain in this film though but there's a lot they can do with Bane so he works. I'm not sold and not pleased with Catwoman though. I just don't see how she can be anything but a nuisance for Batman, I can't take her as the sadistic villain that Bane can potentially be. And one would assume when she's not Catwoman she'll have a love affair with Bruce Wayne. Would have preferred Two-Face returning in this film, at least towards the end, and I still think we might get a surprise appearance at the very end of the film but I can't see how they can make a 2-plus hour movie carried by Bane and Catwoman the same the same way they could with Scarecrow and Ra's and then Joker and Two-Face.

Regardless, how can you have any doubt of Chris Nolan making yet another great Batman film regardless of who the villains, or actors playing them are? Christ, Hugh Jackman was in the Prestige and it was superb.

Because Coppola made The Godfather III, Scorsese made Cape Fear, and Hitchock made To Catch a Thief. Nobody's perfect.

I have to say I'm pretty cold on the whole "Anne Hathaway as Catwoman" deal. I've never been a fan of her as an actress and I have a hard time of picturing her pulling it off. Not saying she can't, just that I have reservations about the casting decision. Maybe Nolan will pull it off and maybe he won't. We shall see.

I could maybe buy that guy from Inception as Bane though. Hopefully, there won't be CGI/too much CGI used for him.

Also, what LNK said. This Batman will likely be more about him on the run from the cops. Maybe Bane is hired by a politician (or one of the remaining mob guys) to take out Batman? Catwoman steals something and Batman is framed for it (cliche as fuck, but probably the route they'd go)?

To be entirely fair, she's been cast as Selina Kyle. I mean, yeah, that's Catwoman, but there's no official word on whether or not Catwoman will actually be in the film.

All you out there doubting this, go find the Dark Knight thread where you bitched about Heath Ledger. Then read how much you loved it.

In my time on this forum there have been three Batman movies and three times the majority have bitched and moaned about the casting or the characters, only to come back later and rave about it. Here's a great idea, quit bitching and realize that with the exception of GA, who hates everything, you will be raving about how awesome this movie is in about 18 months.

• Like 5

Regardless, how can you have any doubt of Chris Nolan making yet another great Batman film regardless of who the villains, or actors playing them are? Christ, Hugh Jackman was in the Prestige and it was superb.

Because Coppola made The Godfather III, Scorsese made Cape Fear, and Hitchock made To Catch a Thief. Nobody's perfect.

Luckily Nolan already got his shitty movie out of the way with Inception! (H)

And seriously, listen to Teej (why do I even need to type that?) Hathaway is a good actress, she will surprise you, try not to think of her as the chick from The Princess Diaries. And I don't get all the hate on Catwoman either, it'll be an interesting dynamic if they take the character where I assume they will, her the neutral shade of grey to Batman's ultimate good and the other villains' ultimate evil.

And seriously, listen to Teej (why do I even need to type that?) Hathaway is a good actress, she will surprise you, try not to think of her as the chick from The Princess Diaries. And I don't get all the hate on Catwoman either, it'll be an interesting dynamic if they take the character where I assume they will, her the neutral shade of grey to Batman's ultimate good and the other villains' ultimate evil.

You are bad people.

Oh Zero. Run away with me? :wub:

I think the problem people have with Hathaway is that she is very hard to imagine her kicking ass. But that is unfair because she has never had to opportunity to kick ass. When the film comes out I can already hear people going crazy for her, just like Heath Ledger.

Wow, if Zero's taste on movies is this terrible, maybe Randy Orton is really the greatest entertainer in the history of the business.

Also didn't Hathaway play a sexy bad-ass in a major motion picture all the way back in 2008? The Rock was there, too. It's not as if there's no precedent and she's just done rom-coms for the past 8 years.

• Like 2

Oh hey, Tom Hardy as Bane, oh hey, Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle (or Catwoman), oh hey, I can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises.

Also, it is obvious that, with Bane supposedly being the "main" villain, the movie is going to be mostly about Batman beating the living shit out of the Gotham police force until he saves the day. Or something to that extent. :shifty:

Also didn't Hathaway play a sexy bad-ass in a major motion picture all the way back in 2008? The Rock was there, too. It's not as if there's no precedent and she's just done rom-coms for the past 8 years.

But I thought she looked out of place there :shifty:

File this one firmly under 'tantalising rumour' for the moment folks: could Robin Williams be set to play Hugo Strange in The Dark Knight Rises?

Batman On Film stoked the rumour with a tweet, and Batman News claims to have a source who believes Strange will turn up in the new movie.

Rumours about the character's appearance in Christopher Nolan's threequel have been circulating for a while now, with Tom Hardy once believed to be playing the character (he's been confirmed as Bane now).

We're taking this one with a huge pinch of salt for now, although it's not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

For one thing, Williams has expressed interest in appearing as a Bat-villain several times in the past.

He's also worked with Nolan before, on Insomnia, when the director effectively tapped the funnyman's inherent creepiness to create a genuinely unsettling villain.

Hugo Strange is set to appear in the upcoming videogame Arkham City, so is this current rumour just fanboy wishful thinking?

With Nolan planning to make The Dark Knight Rises his final Batman movie, would he really want to introduce three new villains (Bane, Catwoman, Strange) into the mix as he's trying to wind down the trilogy?

That would be extremely ambitious to say the least, and one of the best things about Nolan's series so far is the way it has kept the focus on Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Or could Nolan surprise us all and continue with the franchise beyond the third movie? Maybe that's just wishful thinking on our part now…

Can't imagine it's any more than a rumour.