Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

So which stone have you lot picked? I started out with the Warrior one, but I've just found the Steed stone and that's so much awesome. I've been complaining about the carry limit for ages because it always seems to fill up way too fast, so an extra hundred pounds of carrying capacity and no movement penalty for armour goes down very nicely.

Where it that? I seem to reach my carry limit really quick too even with a charmed necklace and volsung which give me an extra 50.

I can't remember beyond 'somewhere pretty far north of the starting position'. I think maybe near Solitude?

The stones that they are talking about are the same as the three that you come across when you first escape and head towards Riverhelm or whatever the first town is.

They take the place of the astral signs from older games - the first three are The Thief, The Mage and The Warrior and they basically make all skins under their specific branches gain 20 percent quicker. The other ones are scattered around the landscape and offer usually once a day things like "Raise a skeleton to fight for you", etc.

If you got the map with the game, there's little X's on it that point to where The Standing Stones are (I think). It's pretty close to one of the major cities in the top left, I think. I'll edit in later the name of the city once I start playing tonight.

I've gone all OCD in my house in Whiterun. All my weapons are in a chest, robes and armour in a dresser, gems and jewellery in a bed side table, scrolls in the other bed side table.

I've also become a massive hoarder. I'm just not selling stuff any more. Nor do I need to, I've got nearly 20,000 gold already.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

Hey I'm confused, I'm never transforming into a werewolf despite doing the quest and everything. Is there something else I've missed?

And I've yet to encounter any Standing Stones, when do you start to run into them?

Main quest spoilers

I've given the horn to the Greybeards and am now going to Kynesgrove to fight the dragon.

There are the Guardian Stones that you run into on your way to Riverwood at the beginning of the game if you follow the road, those being the Warrior, Mage and Thief stones. The rest are out in the wilderness. I've run into every other stone that I've found after the Guardian ones completely by accident.

Totally rocking the Warrior Stone, but I re-started, so I haven't traveled as far as I have in other games. Happened upon some Thalmor, and I was all like 'Freedom of religion, bitch', and they were all like 'nuh-uh', so Farkas (we were on our way back from Dustman Cairn) and I wrecked their shit, getting me some sweet Elven armor, although it makes my ass look big, since I'm playing as a badass Nord chick this time.

Totally rocking the Warrior Stone, but I re-started, so I haven't traveled as far as I have in other games. Happened upon some Thalmor, and I was all like 'Freedom of religion, bitch', and they were all like 'nuh-uh', so Farkas (we were on our way back from Dustman Cairn) and I wrecked their shit, getting me some sweet Elven armor, although it makes my ass look big, since I'm playing as a badass Nord chick this time.

The Thalmor are such dicks. After having done Winterhold College's quest tree, a quest from Whiterun, and some of the main quest, and run into them a few times, I sincerely hope I get the opportunity to kick them out of Skyrim. Sorta like the Fighter's Guild quests in Oblivion with the Blackwood Company people.

I missed the guardian stones as well! Gonna have to go back and try and find them.

Main quest was just a bit of a chore. Spend ages climbing a bloody mountain to spend 5 minuets training to be told you have to go into ANOTHER dungeon at the other side of the continent. Don't blame me for not rushing off to do THAT one Bethesda.

Also, how the cock are you supposed to beat the Ice Troll that you encounter half-way up High Thingymajig? I admit to luring it into a wider space on the path and then running past it.

Anyway, next time on, I'm going to search for these Guardian stone, do some smithing and go and kill some random bandits and/or wildlife and this should tip me over to my next level up.

If you run back to the chick at the stone before the ice troll, she'll help you take it out. That's how I did it.

Hate the look of the helms in this game. I'm still using the Novice Hood you pick up during the escape from Helgen, but it looks like shit with the Elven armor. Gonna end up just rocking my white hair!

Actually, the last few times I've started over, just trying out other races and stuff, the person leading me has taken the upper path, past the mine (then gotten stuck there for like, five minutes), completely bypassing the stones. Might have happened to other people. I wouldn't know about them except that I went by them the first time through.

We should all post pictures of our characters. I'll take one tonight.

I missed the guardian stones as well! Gonna have to go back and try and find them.

Main quest was just a bit of a chore. Spend ages climbing a bloody mountain to spend 5 minuets training to be told you have to go into ANOTHER dungeon at the other side of the continent. Don't blame me for not rushing off to do THAT one Bethesda.

Also, how the cock are you supposed to beat the Ice Troll that you encounter half-way up High Thingymajig? I admit to luring it into a wider space on the path and then running past it.

Anyway, next time on, I'm going to search for these Guardian stone, do some smithing and go and kill some random bandits and/or wildlife and this should tip me over to my next level up.

The Troll is a dick, I completely fluked it by getting him caught between scenery and then destroying him with Flames.

Doing the Thieves Guild quest, have to steal the Mages translation guide. Fuck, I have no idea how to do this, seems like I need to sneak across the place, but fuck it's not easy.