WWE All-Stars

Toe

Intenting to make it like that will be no excuse if the game turns out to be shit. Nevertheless, I'm interested enough to give it a go. I can imagine it having a very little replay value. As is ever the case with these games.

I'm not saying that this game will be immune from being shit just because it's a throwback to the classic arcade game. I'm saying though that for people complaining that it's over-the-top and cartoonish, they obviously don't know why the hell it's over-the-top and cartoonish. It's like someone complaining that the New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii was too restricting because it was side-scrolling only without free-roaming like Galaxy. There's a reason it's being made that way, and while there's no guarantee that it'll be good, at the very least people need to realize why it's being made this way rather than just blindly calling it a lame step-down from SD vs. RAW.

Again, it could be shit. It could be shit on wheels. But the reason for how it's being made is different from how it'll actually play.

Speaking of how it'll play, I can't help but wonder how the arcade stick for the game is going to feel to be honest. Don't know if I'd be willing to invest in one of those, but I'm definitely interested in seeing it.

I can instantly tell who here has definately not played WrestleMania The Arcade Game. Those of you who are guilty of this - shame on you.

^ This guy got it right.

Yeah, so the best part about the Savage promo for the game ? The homage to Dusty Rhodes (Y)

This looks like a stupid, retarded, fun fucking game. Extremely over the top and unecessary on purpose. However, if there are no "PILEDRIVER" or "DEVASTATING" yelps by Vince ... it'll be utterly disappointing.

I can instantly tell who here has definately not played WrestleMania The Arcade Game. Those of you who are guilty of this - shame on you.

I owned it on Sega Genesis. It was kind of fun, but I also thought it was too silly. Felt more like Mortal Kombat than a wrestling game.

I was always more of Doink or Bam Bam Bigelow man on Wrestlemania The Arcade Game.

But this looks fun as hell. I hope we get a demo of it before the release because I really wanna get my hands on it to see how well it plays first. As for replay value, I am sure it's got online and stuff like that. I'd really like a CAW for this too.

However, if there are no "PILEDRIVER" or "DEVASTATING" yelps by Vince ... it'll be A TOTAL DEBACLE

Fixed.

It's not that I mind OOT, cartoony arcade-style gameplay, it's stuff like Sheamus floating in the air while Savage punches him over and over in the stomach, or Savage giving off 'flying lines' as he jumps off the top rope. And my favourite, Kofi being hit, hitting the mat, then bouncing six feet into the air and floating sideways into a back-breaker.

Ummm.....no.

I thought the same thing. But then I saw Savage missle dropkick Rey Mysterio and him go flying into the turnbuckle behind him. And I was sold.

• Like 2

Yeah, so the best part about the Savage promo for the game ? The homage to Dusty Rhodes (Y)

Made by Savage in 1993ish. Those three lines are the opening to Savages "Speaking from the Heart" from WWF Wrestlemania: The Album. Nepturn!!

Edited by Colly

The greatest song ever. Best part is that they fucking fail to pronounce "Macho" correctly in the chorus.

EDIT: Oh my god, I forgot how completely fucking insane Macho is in this song. I AM YOUR FRIEND

It's not that I mind OOT, cartoony arcade-style gameplay, it's stuff like Sheamus floating in the air while Savage punches him over and over in the stomach, or Savage giving off 'flying lines' as he jumps off the top rope. And my favourite, Kofi being hit, hitting the mat, then bouncing six feet into the air and floating sideways into a back-breaker.

Ummm.....no.

So you don't mind over-the-top and cartoony stuff, but all of this over-the-top cartoony physics really gets to you? Isn't that a bit like beginning a comment with "I'm not racist, but..."?

• Like 1

No, being as one is a video game and the other is, well, racism. It's called suspending disbelief; or stretching it's boundaries. From the video, I think it stretches those boundaries too far. I hope that the game is fun to play and thus I can enjoy it regardless.

From the video, I think it stretches those boundaries too far.

I too would be upset if that sort of thing happened in a video game.

Look, it's pretty clear that you're expecting it to be one type of thing, and it isn't that type of thing, and you don't like the thing that it is. That's no reason to say it's going to suck.

It still might suck, though.