House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

22 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

yeah I actually grinned like an idiot at that. I am big and ugly so I empathize with someone who feels big and ugly.

Brienne's one of the characters I think I prefer in the show, or at least I prefer her scenes. Gwendoline Christie plays her well and makes her feel like one of the most genuine characters on the show. It's quite an achievement that she's so liked by fans in this environment of toxic fans who hate strong female characters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Yeah bang on, there's also no way we're having the same conversation if it was a male character that we'd watched grow up losing their virginity at 18. 

The thing is we literally have a direct point of comparison. This is a show in which we've seen a woman we can safely assume is in her mid 20s try to manipulate and coerce a boy that is in the range of 11-14 into sex for the sake of political gain. Guess what? Nobody cared.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nerf said:

The thing is we literally have a direct point of comparison. This is a show in which we've seen a woman we can safely assume is in her mid 20s try to manipulate and coerce a boy that is in the range of 11-14 into sex for the sake of political gain. Guess what? Nobody cared.

Exactly. I love how nobody gave a shit about them sleeping together, whether they read the book or not. A lot of the response was instead the usual creepiness of how lucky the kid is to be fake-smashing Natalie Dormer. 

1 hour ago, Nerf said:

Margery and Tommen?

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

Exactly. I love how nobody gave a shit about them sleeping together, whether they read the book or not. A lot of the response was instead the usual creepiness of how lucky the kid is to be fake-smashing Natalie Dormer. 

One is a plot point, the other is little more than fan service.

Edit: although you're right about creepy responses.

13 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Margery and Tommen?

Yep. 

Don't forget Tyrion sending Joffrey hookers. I mean, yeah he didn't sleep with them, but uh, still, Tyrion didn't know what would happen. 

Or Pod being given to hookers :shifty: 

44 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I could quite easily do without any of the sex scenes.

don't say that until after they have aired the brienne and tormund love scene

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nerf said:

We don't know whether the Arya scene is going to be a plot point or not yet...

Ok, I kinda phrased it wrong, because obviously it is a 'plot point', what I'm saying is that Maergery/Tommen shows the lengths that the Martells are willing to go to put her on the throne, all while, to memory, not actually showing anything, whereas this is completely fan service. I thought it was completely unnecessary.

I'm also just not a big fan of sex scenes in general, though.