House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Spoiler

I'm certain Edd, Pod, Beric and Grey Worm are gonna die. 

Jaime will live, though it wouldn't surprise me if it involves him being saved by Brienne or something (who doesn't). 

Jorah and Tormund are my wild cards here, because I can see it going either way. Tormund and Gilly are the only Wildlings left of any consequence on this show, and something tells me that Gilly won't be going Beyond (What's Left Of) The Wall any time soon. Tormund's just too damn tough to die after all the shit he's been through. Jorah is....IDK. He's been through is fair share of spots, and I think it would be shitty for Dany to lose both her top fighters. 

Also, a small oversight I think that probably needs to be addressed:

Spoiler

Isn't the crypt of Winterfell full of...dead people? :shifty: 

Spoiler

I know this show is about to rip my heart out.  I only ask they don’t make it more painful than it has to be.

I accept some major characters are going to die, some relationships are going to get destroyed.  But for the good of my soul, don’t just kill of Dolores fucking Edd just to up the body count.

We got to see jerk ass Edd again finally, please don’t take it away from me.

• Like 1

I think this is the full list of who is in Winterfell.  

Spoiler

Jon Snow   |   Sansa Stark   |   Arya Stark   |  Bran Stark   |   Theon Greyjoy
Daenerys Targaryen   |   Missandei   |   Jorah Mormont   |   Grey Worm   |   Tyrion Lannister
Jamie Lannister   |    Brienne of Tarth   |   Podrick Payne   |   Sandor Clegane   |   Tormund Giantsbane
Samwell Tarly   |    Gilly    |   Eddison Tollett   |   Beric Dondarrion   |   Gendry
Lord Varys   |   Davos Seaworth   |    Lyanna Mormont   |   Yohn Royce   |   Ghost

They made it so very obvious that Greyworm is going to die in the worst possible way. 

Other than that, I thought it was a fantastic episode. Most definitely the last time we will see a lot of those characters in a setting as "calm" as that all together if you like. 

I fear for Jorrah, and I fear for Brienne. :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mick said:

Also, a small oversight I think that probably needs to be addressed:

Reveal hidden contents

Well

Yes, but would any of them be useful?  Most are anywhere from decades to centuries dead.  Ned lost his head.  Catelyn and Robb, its safe to assume, weren't returned to Winterfell.  Do we even know if the Night King can raise dead that weren't killed by Walkers or wights?

There's also speculation that the Starks have walked blood and can't be turned. I think the dead Starks in the crypt is a red herring.

As far as Arya/Gendry goes, I'm perfectly cool with shipping them, and I think it will happen in the books and has been in the plans from the start ('You have a daughter, I have a son' to paraphrase). I just don't think it needed to be sexualized the way it was. Similar to Jaime/Cersei in the sept, I don't think it was handled properly.

I loved everything else about this episode, but I'm full on fan service, it's time for war.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, livid said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I can’t speak for everyone, but it just made me uncomfortable, being a man in my mid-30’s, seeing a very young woman that I saw grow up on screen from childhood in that type of situation. 

I agree with Luchador that it very much did a good job of it feeling like a “we’re fucked and I don’t want to die a virgin” vibe and I’d understand that completely. It was just weird for me because, in my eyes, I still see her as a child, even though yes legally, she is not.

I’m not super against it, and understand it’s part in the story. It did make me feel a little uncomfortable when watching it, though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Meacon said:
  Hide contents

I can’t speak for everyone, but it just made me uncomfortable, being a man in my mid-30’s, seeing a very young woman that I saw grow up on screen from childhood in that type of situation. 

I agree with Luchador that it very much did a good job of it feeling like a “we’re fucked and I don’t want to die a virgin” vibe and I’d understand that completely. It was just weird for me because, in my eyes, I still see her as a child, even though yes legally, she is not.

I’m not super against it, and understand it’s part in the story. It did make me feel a little uncomfortable when watching it, though.

That's pretty much my thoughts on it. 

1 hour ago, livid said:
  Hide contents

I don't really get the "sexualizing Arya" thing. Didn't seem really sexual to me. Seemed like a grown adult taking charge and making her own decision.

27 minutes ago, Meacon said:
  Hide contents

Not only does she look super young, though I'm also mid-30s, I'm also more of a book guy, where she's still super young, and I think it's just all of what Meacon said plus that. I wasn't a big boatsex person, either.

Spoiler

I get all that, I guess I am just unbothered by it because I've already seen her murder dozens of people. It would have been more uncomfortable to me if the character hadn't already established a loss of innocence. 

This Twitter thread is a good explanation of it to me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DMN said:

Hide contents

Not only does she look super young, though I'm also mid-30s, I'm also more of a book guy, where she's still super young, and I think it's just all of what Meacon said plus that. I wasn't a big boatsex person, either.

Spoiler

I think this may be what is causing a lot of the uproar, Maisie Williams is 22 but she barely looks like she's aged from when she was 11, which adds to the people not liking seeing someone they've watched grow up have a sexual experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livid said:
  Hide contents

I get all that, I guess I am just unbothered by it because I've already seen her murder dozens of people. It would have been more uncomfortable to me if the character hadn't already established a loss of innocence. 

This Twitter thread is a good explanation of it to me. 

That Twitter thread is spot on.

I feel really creepy with watching Bran staring blankly at things, that makes me way more uncomfortable than anything else they've done this season.

I get both sides of the arguement but I thought they did what they did pretty tastefully and for the sake of the character it makes sense.

• Like 1

It was one of the more tastefully done nude scenes in GoT, I thought. I do understand the argument re: basically watching her grow up on screen, but at the end of the day, she's an adult and her own person.

Why we don't get to see what Gendry's workin' with though? :angry:

• Like 2