House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

If you don't want potential spoilers, stay the hell off r/freefolk for a while. Frikidoctor's reputedly leaking the rough plotline for S8E1, apparently gonna do the same for the rest of the season in the upcoming weeks. Based off the fact that HBO had his video taken down this quickly, I'm betting it's legit.

Skimmed it, nothing really unexpected for an episode predicated mostly on reunions/prep for the AOTD outside of 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Look away now.

Spoiler

Theon rescuing Yara. Also, Gendry/Arya sexual tension, FORGESEX CONFIRMED :w00t:

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I really don't know why anyone would intentionally look at spoilers of entire episodes if they're intending to actually watch them. Coming up with theories without knowing for certain if they're accurate is a massive part of the fun in this story.

Because reading it and seeing it, regardless if you know what happens or not, are different things. I don't mind spoiling things I care about, because I know I'll love it anyway, and there's the off-chance the spoilers could be wrong :shifty: 

Good luck with that.

8 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

My friend is determined to not watch anything until GRRM releases the last book. It's so annoying. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Given that many story threads in the book have gone in different directions to those in the show, I don't think watching the final series will harm my enjoyment of the final books, should they ever materialise. Perhaps we'll know the way the story ends, but the steps it takes to get there should be different enough to make the books appealing.

I think the most frustrating thing about George RR Martin's slow writing pace is that I didn't find the last couple of books all that exciting, but they ended in such intriguing ways that they left the biggest hooks between the novels yet. Some of the as-yet untied plot points involve characters that aren't even in the show, so we've still got years of fan theories to come.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Given that many story threads in the book have gone in different directions to those in the show, I don't think watching the final series will harm my enjoyment of the final books, should they ever materialise. Perhaps we'll know the way the story ends, but the steps it takes to get there should be different enough to make the books appealing.

I think the most frustrating thing about George RR Martin's slow writing pace is that I didn't find the last couple of books all that exciting, but they ended in such intriguing ways that they left the biggest hooks between the novels yet. Some of the as-yet untied plot points involve characters that aren't even in the show, so we've still got years of fan theories to come.

Give me more Victarion, Darkstar, Blackfyres and Manderly!

Also remember when Robb Stark sent a letter to Howland Reed?  Kind of need that to tie in.

1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Also remember when Robb Stark sent a letter to Howland Reed?  Kind of need that to tie in.

Shhh don't remind people about Howland Reed, they'll only be let down. 

4 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Rewatching season 5, and man, Tommen can really make you super annoyed and want to fast forward his undecidedness, even though he's being sort of what you'd expect from a boy King.

Tommen at least did things that Joffrey, Renly, Stannis and Robert never did. 

And by "things" I mean Margaery. Lucky literal bastard...

• Like 1