House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

I don't know if it has been mentioned here yet, but D&D are also no longer involved with the upcoming trilogy of Star Wars movies that they were working on.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evj78e/everything-we-know-about-the-game-of-thrones-creators-david-benioff-db-weiss-failed-star-wars-trilogy

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

They probably wanted to strip away a lot of the sci-fi elements to appeal to MLB players.

"So, the whole movie has been building up to her exploring what it means to be a Jedi..."

"Okay."

"So she flies the Millennium Falcon to this deserted island, real isolated, nothing around for miles but ocean..."

"I'm with you so far."

"She climbs the rocks, and there's a man, in black robes, watching her intently. She offers him her lightsaber."

"Right, so far so good..."

"He pulls off his hood. 'Hi, I'm Derek Jeter, welcome to All-Star Baseball'."

"...who the fuck let you guys in here!?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Purported leaked cast so far for Season 1 of House of the Dragon.

Veracity is highly debatable, but I think the ending to Season 8 was leaked out months ahead of release (I at least was casually telling people Jon kills Dany around Thanksgiving last year :shifty:) and mocked for being too out there, so I casually believe it. If the leaks hold true, Blackfyre Rebellion confirmed bois.

Chloe Moretz is a strange choice for Rhaenys. I don't know enough about Fern or Holt to comment but at least Fern looks the part for Aegon. Cast seems very American on the whole really. Not necessarily a bad thing but who knows? Josh Holloway is always a plus though!

Also I wonder how hard they're going to lean into the incest in this? I know there was a bit in GOT but the original Targaryens were a whole other level.

I'm wondering about the incest too. If it were Weiss and Benioff, I'm sure it would play a major part, but it isn't, so we'll see.

As for the American cast members, maybe they'll have it so the Targaryens, having just made it over from Essos, have different accents from the Westerosi natives. Then, after settling there for a few generations, the family will have developed English-sounding accents. That's just a theory that's probably wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...