House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Loved the passages where they all proclaimed Robb as King of the North. It was great in the show, but in the book it just felt epic and a real big moment.

I also read about the theory discussed earlier..

R+L=J. It's really interesting, definitely. Makes me wonder who knows and how it would be openly revealed. And of course then what it means to the landscape of Westeros if it is true and does come out.

Major theory discussion thing!

Howland Reed was with Eddard at the Tower of Joy. Since you are only about to start book 2 I'll stop there.

Oh yeah! Howland. I know him only by name - and also as playing as him in the GoT Mod for CKII. So I like him through default of that. Interesting. On that note, book 2 came today.

:D

Some season 3 casting news from Comic-Con:

. Diana Rigg as The Queen of Thorns

. Mackenzie Crook as Orell

. Clive Russell as The Blackfish

. Natalie Emannuel as Missandei

. Kerry Ingram as Shireen Baratheon

. Paul Kaye as Thoros of Myr

. Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Jojen Reed

. Ellie Kendrick as Meera Reed

. Richard Dormer as Beric Dondarrion (recast)

. Kristofer Hivju as Tormund Giantsbane

. Philip McGinley as Anguy

. Tara Fitzgerald as Selyse Baratheon

. Tobias Menzies as Edmure Tully

. Anton Lesser as Qyburn

Season 3 will debut on March 31, 2013.

Edited by Aolynthon

• 3 weeks later...

Reading A Storm of Swords, mid way through.

This is the first book I've read of the series that is new to me, as I'd seen season one and two before I started the other two books.. so it's all new, exiciting and whatever else. Just finished the chapter by Catelyn. Of her brothers wedding. I can't physically believe what I just read. I'm in shock. Shock.

Reading A Storm of Swords, mid way through.

This is the first book I've read of the series that is new to me, as I'd seen season one and two before I started the other two books.. so it's all new, exiciting and whatever else. Just finished the chapter by Catelyn. Of her brothers wedding. I can't physically believe what I just read. I'm in shock. Shock.

A storm of swords is my favorite book in the series I think. So many holy shit moments.

just finished book 3. so all in the spoilers is about that. beware.

last chance..

what a book. it changed the entire scope of story. the show is gonna make me cry this season, i can feel it already. as already stated the red wedding was.. gut wrenching. I need to see someone smash the Freys into pieces. i don't even know WHO to like anymore. i'm not sure whose good anymore. i loved Stannis coming to save the day, but i can't get behind the Lord of Light yet. i love Beric and his lads, but again.. the Lord of Light makes me wary. Davos has been fantastic, and i'm so pleased Jon became lord commander and decided against burning the old gods. that would be horrible. Littlefinger and Lysa's treachery shocked me. so damn much. i didn't see it coming, at all. it's all his fucking fault, essentially. and then Cat at the end! i don't know if i like that.. i just, it's weird. but in a way it's good. i feel so sorry for the Stark family. Winter has come for them from the start, there's so many people that the Stark's need retribution against, but so few Starks left in a position to get. Sansa's gone from one hell to another. Arya's (i LOVED her scene with the Tickler, that was, man i could have cheered!) been lost for such a long time, and i kinda feel bad for the Hound. Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon are all separated and so young, but i feel like i need to see the Starks get the Lannisters, the Freys, Bolton, Greyjoys.. Tyrion's murder of Tywin shocked the shit out of me (and Tywin..) and oh my god, it was great but Tyrion is going to be hunted big time now and it again throws the kingdom into disarray. Jamie's treatment of Brienne gained him some brownie points, but he still needs to get his, for Ned. i was sad to see the Red Viper die, i so wanted him to live. he had such a small part, but he was brilliant. Jorah getting kicked away from Dany is interesting, especially considering the Old Bear's last words.. could be interesting, i also don't think he was the betrayal for love. he was working against her before love, so i think the guy she keeps eyeing up could end up betraying her too. Barristan going to her was something i expected, but i didn't expect it like that. there's probably loads more i want to say, but i've forgotten. gonna get started on the next book right away, though.

last chance..

what a book. it changed the entire scope of story. the show is gonna make me cry this season, i can feel it already. as already stated the red wedding was.. gut wrenching. I need to see someone smash the Freys into pieces. i don't even know WHO to like anymore. i'm not sure whose good anymore. i loved Stannis coming to save the day, but i can't get behind the Lord of Light yet. i love Beric and his lads, but again.. the Lord of Light makes me wary. Davos has been fantastic, and i'm so pleased Jon became lord commander and decided against burning the old gods. that would be horrible. Littlefinger and Lysa's treachery shocked me. so damn much. i didn't see it coming, at all. it's all his fucking fault, essentially. and then Cat at the end! i don't know if i like that.. i just, it's weird. but in a way it's good. i feel so sorry for the Stark family. Winter has come for them from the start, there's so many people that the Stark's need retribution against, but so few Starks left in a position to get. Sansa's gone from one hell to another. Arya's (i LOVED her scene with the Tickler, that was, man i could have cheered!) been lost for such a long time, and i kinda feel bad for the Hound. Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon are all separated and so young, but i feel like i need to see the Starks get the Lannisters, the Freys, Bolton, Greyjoys.. Tyrion's murder of Tywin shocked the shit out of me (and Tywin..) and oh my god, it was great but Tyrion is going to be hunted big time now and it again throws the kingdom into disarray. Jamie's treatment of Brienne gained him some brownie points, but he still needs to get his, for Ned. i was sad to see the Red Viper die, i so wanted him to live. he had such a small part, but he was brilliant. Jorah getting kicked away from Dany is interesting, especially considering the Old Bear's last words.. could be interesting, i also don't think he was the betrayal for love. he was working against her before love, so i think the guy she keeps eyeing up could end up betraying her too. Barristan going to her was something i expected, but i didn't expect it like that. there's probably loads more i want to say, but i've forgotten. gonna get started on the next book right away, though.

EDIT- Oh, spoiler only to be read if you've finished book 3 to avoid spoiled stuff.

I'm kinda confused as to what happens in each book. How did Lysa's story end in book 3?

last chance..

Summers - No spoilers here, just a respose

So much shit happens in book 3, I love it. As much as I am struggling to not say anything, I just need to say this...(if you haven't got there you won't get this, if you are done book 5 then you will pop)

The North Remembers

Edited by Azazel

last chance..

EDIT- Oh, spoiler only to be read if you've finished book 3 to avoid spoiled stuff.

I'm kinda confused as to what happens in each book. How did Lysa's story end in book 3?

she flies.

last chance..

she flies.

My favorite part of the book I think.

• 2 weeks later...