2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Fabregas to Barcelona is actually going to happen imminently.

I think I speak for everyone when I say... About Fucking Time! I'm sick of hearing about it in every transfer window for the last 3 seasons!!

Will Aresenal have the time to replace him? Or will they wait until January? But with Wilshere and Ramsey on their books, Arsenal have two quality young players who're only going to get better. Would like to see those two play together.

Crouch to Stoke is a really good move for them and should give Tottenham some funds to finally splash some cash on a striker.

They should be ok as long as they don't sell Nasri too, Nasri's better games for Arsenal are usually when Fabregas doesn't play and he plays in his position. If they get rid of both and don't sign someone they'll be fucked.

• Admin

They already have world class players to replace him. Wilshere/Ramsey backed up with Song/Diaby. Guillem Balague confirming Fabregas will go to Barca this weekend - fee fundamentally agreed just over £30m + add-ons. Cesc taking pay cut.

George McCartney has returned to West Ham on a season-long loan from Sunderland to become Sam Allardyce's sixth summer signing.

Ramsey is nowhere near ready. In a year or two yes, but not yet. His intelligence and movement on the pitch isn't quite at Wilshire/Nasri/Fabregas level but the "experts" who say he is ready were talking off the back of the Man Utd game in which he scored a pretty good goal but then failed to mention he was a bit naff in the following match.

Also on the Fabregas situation, while I'm sure it is very likely he will move soon, giving ANY credibility to Guillem Balague is a joke. So far this summer he has stated a fee has been agreed about two or three times and also the Arsenal board were meeting to discuss the Fabregas transfer on Members Day when they had a pre-arranged meeting anyway.

• Like 1

From BBC;

1844: FOOTBALL - BBC Sport understands that Cesc Fabregas is on the verge of leaving Arsenal for Barcelona. The move is yet to be formally completed but Arsenal expect the deal to be done by the weekend. BBC sports news correspondent Dan Roan has been told by senior sources that all the funds generated by the sale will be reinvested in new players.

2014: FOOTBALL - Swansea City sign Dutch international goalkeeper Michel Vorm for £1.5m from FC Utrecht on a three-year contract. The 27-year-old was in the Netherlands squad for Wednesday's postponed friendly against England.

2333: FOOTBALL - The Daily Mirror reports that Stoke boss Tony Pulis met with Joey Barton's agent on Wednesday and is in talks with the Newcastle midfielder about a move to the Potters ahead of the start of the Premier League season.

Stoke have a very good looking squad as it is, if they got Barton they could be pushing for a Europa League spot. Delap's throws and Barton's set-pieces? I could see Kenwyne Jones getting quite a few goals next season if this happened.

Can't believe the price Fabregas is going for. Absolute madness. One of the most creative and influential central midfielders in the world. Worth £50m plus easily. Shame it has had to drag on this much. Would love to see him back one day. :shifty:

Next, sell Nasri then sign Mata please.

I have the utmost faith in Ramsey as a replacement for Fabregas, the midfield trio of him, Wilshere and Song is a very interesting one to say the least.

If Barton signs for Stoke, another reason for me to detest them. That'll be fun playing them next season.

Edited by Gooner27