2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Arsenal are being linked with virtually everyone. They're also linked to Alex.

All quiet on the Modric front, besides a bunch of claimed ITK types saying that Spurs are panicking. The one I've heard the most is that Chelsea have tabled a final take-it-or-leave-it offer of £35m plus Yossi. But who knows.

Arsenal are set to sign Brazilian international left-back Andre Santos from Fenerbahce for £6.2m, BBC Sport understands.

The 28-year-old from Sao Paulo was bought by the Turkish club in 2009 from Corinthians in his homeland

After Sunday's 8-2 defeat by Manchester United, manager Arsene Wenger said he was chasing new players before the transfer window closes on 31 August.

Wenger is also on the verge of signing striker Park Chu-young from Monaco.

Andre Santos would be terrifying to watch, suspect defensively but awesome going forward. Would be happy with the signing though.

Benayoun I'm not too sure about though. Lot of German sources saying we had a bid between €25-€30m rejected for Mario Gotzë from Dortmund. Would love him, absolute class player.

Also The Guardian reported we bid up to £22m for Yann M'Villa but Rennes want £30m.

Park deal done, for around £1.6m rising to about £4-5m, brilliant deal in my opinion. Bargain.

Could be an interesting few days to be an Arsenal fan. As long as a centre back and midfielder arrives with Santos and Park I'll be very happy.

Andre Santos would be terrifying to watch, suspect defensively but awesome going forward. Would be happy with the signing though.

Not really what you need when there are questions over your defence as it is, you've just conceded eight goals and your only back up is seemingly Calamity Gibbs.

Park wouldn't be a great long term deal though. Pretty sure he's up for National Service in Korea in about 2/3 years time.

There are rumours of Malaga having bid 35 million euros for Torres but it got rejected.

Park wouldn't be a great long term deal though. Pretty sure he's up for National Service in Korea in about 2/3 years time.

There are rumours of Malaga having bid 35 million euros for Torres but it got rejected.

He'll be able to get out of doing it due to his status as a national sports star. Ji-Sung Park has never been conscripted, for example.

He'll be able to get out of doing it due to his status as a national sports star. Ji-Sung Park has never been conscripted, for example.

The way Arsenal have been, he might want to take up the offer of National Service in a few seasons time....

Anyway Joe Cole is supposed to be in London atm waiting to have a medical at an unknown club. Probably QPR if its anyone cause I think they'll be the only ones daft enough to actually give us money for him.

Apparently Lille are absolutely furious at Arsenal for what they perceive to be a 'stolen transfer' for Park. Supposedly he was meant to have a medical at Lille and just never turned up, then appeared in London for Arsenal. Lille move into a new stadium next season and were meant to play Arsenal in the opener (was confirmed during the Pascal Cygan transfer(!)) - but Lille fans want a new opponent now because of this deal. Talk about angst.

Stoke would suit what are likely to be Lukalu's strengths and speed up his development...the dude just strikes me as a goal scorer I want this to go through just so I can take a punt on him for my fantasy team.

Stoke are also trying to sign Darron Gibson and Spurs are in for Hargreaves apparently

Edited by The Future