UFC Undisputed 3

Gazz

What difficulty do you guys play on? I'm breezing through Experienced, but I'm afraid to step up to Advanced and get beat bad, is it much of a difference?

I'm on Advanced, and I was pretty much breezing my way through WFA and started to think I should bump it up - until I got to UFC. Much more of a challenge now, and you really gotta concentrate on what you're doing to not catch a quick beatdown, while in WFA you could pretty much do whatever you wanted with your opponent at will.

I think it would be fun if a bunch of us got online and had some camp sparring sessions.

Or a EWB Grand Prix.

This, indeed. Someone should put together a list of Names + PSN/Gamertags, so we know who's on which system and how many.

He actually kinda beat me. Mostly because I forgot to pause during the entrances and went downstairs to get my dinner out of the oven, but still.

Rebounded pretty well, though. Took the title, won the Heavyweight GP, currently trolling around beating up anybody who looks at me wrong. Thinking of dropping to light heavyweight if they give me the opportunity.

I hate reversals. Cannot do them to save my life, when is the correct timing it says when they start a transition I see them start to move flick it and nothing happens.

That and having a ranked match that is really laggy like I was battering him somehow and I want to do a takedown and it attempts to do it 2 minutes later.

Submissions are starting to piss me off. Still feels like when they want to beat you by Submission, they slap it on, and leave you with little chance of getting out of it. Really frustrating.

What I hate about submissions is I can be easily outrunning the COM bar then suddenly I'll just slow right down at a corner and they'll catch me and then I'm tapping.

I had the top three fights in the Fight of the Year results. Admittedly, they were just brawls were both guys got rocked, but was pretty cool.

I also just beat Forrest Griffin with 1 minute to go, having probably lost the first two rounds. Had the 3rd round won, but probably needed a knockout, and got it. He had me dazed a couple of times, and almost got me in a triangle choke but I was saved by the bell. Good stuff.

Having trouble cracking the top 10 and staying there.

Finished my first career mode yesterday with my Heavyweight fighter, finished 38-10 and won the UFC Heavyweight title for the first time in my 2nd to last fight with my retirement fight being against Nogueira. Fun little career ended up winning everything I could just frustrating that it took 3 attempts to beat Velasquez and win the title. Disapointing as well as it seems the DLC fighters don't appear in Career mode, would have loved to have had a match against Overeem.

Going to start a Welterweight career mode now focusing on a BJJ fighter so could be boss on the ground then get moaned at to improve my standup later on in the career.

Very first fight in the UFC is a loss to Mike Brown, bastard got at 1:19 in the 3rd round, after me dominating the first two rounds, even got him rocked and put him on the floor but the round ended before I could finish him. Pretty pissed, but it deservedly got Fight of the Night

Submissions are starting to piss me off. Still feels like when they want to beat you by Submission, they slap it on, and leave you with little chance of getting out of it. Really frustrating.

Yeah, I don't know if it's because thee AI is too good or if it's just that it absolutely will not try unless it's guaranteed to succeed. Annoying, either way.

I hate reversals. Cannot do them to save my life, when is the correct timing it says when they start a transition I see them start to move flick it and nothing happens.

I've given up with reversals, I just do not know how they work. Shame.I've taken to just holding the stick to block, and then attempting my own transition.

What I hate about submissions is I can be easily outrunning the COM bar then suddenly I'll just slow right down at a corner and they'll catch me and then I'm tapping.

I noticed this as well. At first I thought I just wasn't being accurate enough with the stick, but I reckon it might be tied to your stamina, like if it drops a significant amount, your bar moves slower as well as shrinking, maybe?

Why is that anyway, with the UFC Career Mode? I appreciate giving me the option to fight in two weight ranges, but if I want to make this massive hulking giant of an axe-murderer who's like 6'7" I'm not going to be happy when I see his weight set to 210 after I set it to damn near 300. 6'7", 210lbs is a fucking twig is what it is.

Granted my heavyweight was supposed to be 6'4" 240, but the point still remains: you set it to the tallest height, and the fattest figure, and the dude's still gonna come out cutting just around 210. It's insanity.

Anyway, had to return the game yesterday and I miss it already. Such a great game, can't wait to buy it. The only thing I'd say about Career Mode is that while I do love how streamlined it all is and how fluid the training feels compared to last time (much less of a grind-it-out mentality to all of it), I kind-of miss the story aspect to the career modes in the past. My favorite part about finishing my fighter's story in the last game was watching him build his own gym to train new guys in, it was a nice touch. Still, it's not a huge thing, and they definitely improved everything else in the right areas for me this go-round.

Say goodbye to your throne Frankie Edgar, and say hello to your NEW LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPION OF ZE WORLDDDDDDDDDDD~! 'Bout friggin time :shifty: My records now at 28-5 after that win, so it took me a long grind-it-out process to get to the belt, but I did it. Knocked him out around 3:30 or so into the 3rd round after mounting him and the first left straight I threw put him out.

I'm now heading over to PRIDE for a Grand Prix tournament, with my 1st round fight being against Jans Pulver. Not sure if me going to PRIDE will vacate me being champion, but if so, I'll be winning that bitch back once I come home.

Damnit, I pulverized Pulver, but ended up going to decision with Dominick Cruz after thinking there was a third round, and the motherfucker ends up winning by decision - ending my 13 fight win streak. Fuck. And now I get a 'welcome back to the UFC' Title Defense against BJ Penn. Lovely.

That was an awesome fight with Penn. Very ground based fight, with both of us getting a couple reversals in as well as some GnP. We both ended up a bloody mess, and come the end of the third round with 10 seconds left, we had each other in the collar&tie, and I managed to hit him with a shot that rocked him. He stumbled into the cage behind him, I apparently got a second wind and started blistering him with shots and managed to KO him with 3 seconds left in the round, as well as hitting him with an extra hook as he fell to the mat. Cherry on the cake is that the year ended after the fight, and it seems I've taken home Fighter of the Year as well, woo! 30-6 record after defeating BJ.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage