The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

LOOK AT THIS REAL TABLE IT SHOWS WE DON'T GET DECISIONS

but you do. it changes the way the game goes and you go onto win by more than that one decision. you can't prove United would have beaten a team if not for a wrongly given penalty.

YOU CAN'T PROVE THEY WOULDN'T HAVE WON EITHER DERP

yes, that's why the "real table" is stupid, flawed and a terrible example to try and use.

DERP

You're an idiot.

rolleyes.gif

Yeah, but you've ignored three good examples and focused on one which you think you can refute.

You can give examples to support any point.

e.g. Refs are biased against United. See: Penalty not given and 'corner' v Wigan, Evra penalty shout v Stoke.

I've also never disputed that United don't get wrong decisions in their favour, you'd have to divorced from reality to claim that we don't, but what I do dispute is the idea that 'referees favour United' which was, y'know, what I was replying to in the first place.

Ashley Young is a total disgrace. It is beyond words and the people trying to defend him are starting to make me question humanity.

Obviously an exaggeration but it is ridiculous beyond belief. The man has moved both of his legs over so that he can find an 'acceptable' reason to throw himself to the floor. He could've just rounded Clark and had a go at goal, what is so hard about that? No, he'd rather win games and championships cheaply when he and his teammates don't even need to.

The Paul Scholes love-fest on MotD2 was ridiculous as well. LOOK AS SCHOLES PASSES THE BALL FIVE YARDS SIDEWAYS TO CARRICK THEN HOLDS POSITION. THIS IS TRULY AMAZING STUFF. Come on.

I'm glad this is the season we finally been able to let go of the old fallacy that only foreign players dive.

I'm not saying he's not but it just seemed over the top the way they did it and what they showed from the game today. It just seemed a bit too much, anyone would think it was his birthday or he was retiring (again) or something.

Holy shit, just seen that Young dive, how can anyone defend that? I hope he is proud of himself, the way he won that penalty was exceptional. I can't decide whether I'm appalled or amazed by it.

Holy shit, just seen that Young dive, how can anyone defend that? I hope he is proud of himself, the way he won that penalty was exceptional. I can't decide whether I'm appalled or amazed by it.

Both?

The Villa defender does everything possible not to make contact with Young.

No denial in how shit we were from ANY Villa fan, I assure you. There's talk of attempting a Reading-like Pants protest at the minute. I have no interest in going to a Villa game while he's still boss, but I'm gonna try and help push the idea.

One pleasing thing about Tottenham yesterday was Lennon's first half performance. There's one bit where he burst into the box, skinned one guy, went past another and tried to cut the ball back, then the move broke down.

When it was replayed it showed the defender tugging at him and tangling legs but Lennon is small and didn't go over despite the fact he probably could and, in this climate, could have gotten a penalty. I'm so glad he didn't go over though. The commentators, when watching the replay were saying that it was refreshing to see as so many players would go down or just go looking for any excuse.

I hate diving, really do. It makes me so angry when Bale does it every week and it makes me furious when someone like Ashley Young, who has plenty of skill and could have gone past the Villa defender easily if he wanted to, instead just LOOK to find a way to get a foul and go down. There's going down because of the defender being clumsy but then there's actively looking for the defender's leg as the defender is moving away. His running action at the end looks ridiculous and unnatural because he changes direction into the defender.

PFA player of the Year nominees: S. Aguero R. van Persie, W. Rooney, J. Hart, S. Parker, D. Silva

PFA Young Player of the Year nominees: S. Aguero, G. Bale, K. Walker, A Oxlade-Chamberlain, D. Sturridge, D. Welbeck.

I'd go Van Persie for player of the year and Aguero for young player.