The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Yeah, I imagine a team like Wigan who haven't even been in the fucking football league that long, a tradionally rubgy town and have the likes of Manchester and Liverpool on their doorstep do struggle for fans. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

@Ryan. I think you guys play great football, but there's a lot I don't like. Mancini waving cards is disgusting behavior. I hate it when players harass refs too. Liverpool, Chelsea and United get away with screaming at ref's far too much.

Anyway, back to City, nice to see new teams (you and Spurs) chasing the title. Too much of the same for too many years.

Lol at the hand-ball, you don't see many more blatant than that! Wigan made a good account of themselves tonight but it was like I said earlier they needed alot of luck to get something out of the game and it never came.

A pass on the half way line isn't a clear goal scoring opportunity. That's the rule, isn't it? I saw Terry handle one off the line against Villa that he was gonna get away with but Ireland hit the rebound in.

It was deliberate, so if that's a red then obvs a sending off. But if the law is for clear goal scoring ops..then it'd be harsh to send him off.

Not sure on the laws of hand-balls leading to red cards, so not going to comment. Although as much as I hate to agree with Summers over his dislike of City, absolutely agree that Mancini's card waving is horrible and that type of attitude should get you sent to the stands. It especially smells of hypocrisy because if you're going to have a go at Rooney for card waving, you can't then go out and do it yourself in back-to-back games and not look like a twat.

Still, got the victory here and despite not looking especially sharp, puts more pressure on United to keep winning games. Will be very interesting to see Spurs/City next week though, because Tottenham could tear tonight's City team apart if they implement their game into things. Savic was better tonight, but the defence isn't the same as it was with Kompany and Kolo.

Does anyone actually rate De Jong? Bad at passing, quite a few reckless tackles and generally doesn't seem to contribute a whole lot.