The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

He's not. :/

Whilst I am disinclined to respond in a similar fashion to that which "Mr -1" has, I'm not entirely sure as to the purpose of this post, especially if it were an attempt to "troll".

If it indeed were an attempt to troll then you are clearly one of the worst, judging by skill, trolls in the history of... well, ever. :/

I am sorry you didn't like my "post", and I am shocked and "disheartened" that you believe I were trying to "troll". Please accept one thousand apologies.

Just kidding! I wasn't trying to "troll". I was merely correcting you (respectfully, I must add), as Wayne Rooney is actually by no means the first to act in such a fashion!

wuv u

• Like 2

He's not. :/

Whilst I am disinclined to respond in a similar fashion to that which "Mr -1" has, I'm not entirely sure as to the purpose of this post, especially if it were an attempt to "troll".

If it indeed were an attempt to troll then you are clearly one of the worst, judging by skill, trolls in the history of... well, ever. :/

I thought the point was that ridiculous hyperbole is a pretty shitty way of arguing.

I am sorry you didn't like my "post", and I am shocked and "disheartened" that you believe I were trying to "troll". Please accept one thousand apologies.

Just kidding! I wasn't trying to "troll". I was merely correcting you (respectfully, I must add), as Wayne Rooney is actually by no means the first to act in such a fashion!

wuv u

Well.

That makes me look like a right prick, doesn't it?

:/

This is an article from The Sun. It's pretty good:

IT is official: Leon Britton is Europe's most accurate midfielder — better even than Barcelona maestro Xavi.

Swansea's very own Great Britton — nicknamed 'Little' because he is just 5ft 5in tall — is the most accurate passer in Europe's five top Leagues.

Opta stats show midfield wizard Britton has a 93.3 per cent pass success rate which betters Spain superstar Xavi.

And numbers also prove Swansea's three-man midfield of Britton, Joe Allen and Kemy Agustien clearly hold their own against Barca's illustrious trio of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergio Busquets.

The Swans' stirring 3-2 win over Arsenal on Sunday vindicated the attacking philosophy of boss Brendan Rodgers — whose side lie 10th in their debut season in the Premier League.

Rodgers said: "It is all about managing pressure and how you do that. I like to coach the team to manage pressure with the ball."

Swansea's triumph blew a huge hole in the myth Arsene Wenger's Gunners are England's pass masters.

And largely thanks to their midfield machine, the newly-promoted Welsh side are the seventh-best passers among Europe's top leagues — better than Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal.

Only Manchester City and Chelsea move it around more accurately, but that still makes Rodgers' Swans third-best in the Premier League.

Britton, 29, is not the only Swansea star in Europe's elite, side-kick Allen, 21, also made the top 10 of most accurate passers.

And to think only a couple of seasons ago Britton & Co were down in League One!

Nathan Dyer, who left Arsenal's left-back Ignasi Miquel chasing shadows on Sunday, heaped praise on Britton.

He said: "We've got a lot of hungry boys. Everybody used to watch the Premier League on Match of the Day.

"A lot of players like Leon and Garry Monk have been in the third division. To come up and play in the Premier League is a massive achievement for this city and for the boys."

Britton is the only player this season to complete a match with an 100 per cent success in passing — in the 3-0 win over Bolton back in October.

Only nine players have completed a match without misplacing a single pass in the last six years. But the other eight are ALL defenders who normally pass alongside each other.

London-born Britton is the only creative player in Premier League history to register a perfect game. No wonder Swansea outclassed and outpassed Arsenal.

Dyer, 29, added: "It's a massive win. We're new in the Premier League, making massive strides, so it was amazing to test ourselves against one of the top teams with the way Arsenal play and move the ball.

"We've got the same philosophy. It was football against football on Sunday."

Dyer's goalscoring heroics surely caught the watchful eye of England boss Fabio Capello on Sunday night.

He added: "Yeah, I heard he was coming down and obviously all of the boys played really well so I'm sure he enjoyed the game."

But what of an England call-up? Dyer said: "I'm just working as hard as I can, trying to improve as much as I can, and hopefully one day that day will come."

Defeat at the Liberty Stadium for Arsenal followed a 2-1 reverse at Fulham.

And if the Gunners are beaten by Manchester United at the Emirates on Sunday, it will be the first time they have lost three league games in a row since April 2007. But England ace Theo Walcott insists the mood among the players is still good.

And they are desperate not to be part of the first Arsenal team to finish below bitter rivals Spurs for 17 years.

Walcott, 22, insisted: "The atmosphere in the dressing room is unbelievable. We have some great leaders.

"Thomas Vermaelen, Per Mertesacker and Aaron Ramsey have all captained their countries. You ask any player here and they'll tell you it's the best it's been for a long time."

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

Justice for the 96. Petition closes in about 16 hours and this woman's been fighting to find out about the truth about her sons death.

• Admin
Eric Black will be confirmed as Steve Kean's new assistant head coach at Blackburn at a news conference on Thursday.

Black, who worked with Steve Bruce at Sunderland, replaces Paul Clement who left Ewood Park to join Paris Saint-Germain last week.

The 48-year-old previously held a similar position at Celtic and Birmingham City, again with Bruce.

He also enjoyed managerial spells at both Motherwell and Coventry City.

The Scot also enjoyed temporary spells in charge of both Birmingham and Sunderland following the departure of Bruce.

As a player he featured under Sir Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen before moving to French side Metz.

Liverpool has signed a six-year deal with US sports firm Warrior Sports to make the Anfield club's kit from June.

The company, owned by New Balance, replace German giants Adidas as the maker of the Premier League team's home, away and third kits.

Warrior, associated with ice hockey and lacrosse in the US, will also make the club's training kit.

It comes after Spurs said last year that another US firm, Under Armour, would make its kit from 2012/13.

Liverpool has not announced the value of the deal, but some reports have put it at £25m a year.

The club's shirt is one of the top selling replica shirts in the world.

Richard Wright, general manager of Boston-based Warrior, said: "We are here to shake up the world of football".

Liverpool, winners of five European Cups, sit seventh in the Premier League and are in the semi-final of the League Cup.

They face Bolton Wanderers in the Premier League on Saturday.

"This is another landmark deal for Liverpool Football Club and once again shows the value of the club's brand globally," said Ian Ayre, the club's managing director.

Adidas first made Liverpool's kit between 1985 and 1996, and then from 2006 until the present.

Aww, Addias making Liverpool kits plus Kenny Dalglish managing kinda made for a nice nostalgic feeling. All we needed was to be sponsored by Candy or Crown Paints again.

Wait... What am I saying!? I am quite against Liverpool wallowing in the mud of nostalgia! Not that this has anything to do with anything.