Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Got to see Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish (with Flatfoot 56) on Saturday night. Great show!

Flatfoot 56 had a lot of energy and were fun on stage...their drummer was such a nerdy guy, it was cool. Even cooler when he stage dived into the crowd....although he did accidentally kick me in the face.

Reel Big Fish was everything I was hoping they would be and more.

Less Than Jake was pretty good, and the crowd almost knocked over the barricade/speakers.

Ah cool. I'll be at the Garage as well, come say hello.

It's gonna be weird watching a poetry gig in a venue that I associate with filthy metal bands, but I reckon it'll be good.

I also grabbed a ticket to his performance at the Royal Albert Hall (Small print: it's in a side bar in the building not the actual hall) so I'm looking forward to that too.

The plan is that it will be entirely spoken word/poetry, no backing band, no DJ. However he will cover tracks from all four albums (No Commercial Breaks, Angles, Logic of Chance and Distraction Pieces) and probably some bonus stuff as well. It's gonna be good. He hasn't done a full spoken word set in a while so I'm looking forward to it.

Supports are Kate Tempest and Polar Bear. Both longtime Scroob collaborators, don't know if you're familiar with them. Very cool stuff.

But yeah, come say hello I'll get you a beer in.