Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Saw The Maccabees last night and they were fucking incredible. I'd had a look at all their setlists and they didn't have Lego on (which is my favourite song), so when they played it that was like the best surpise. One of the best gigs I've been to.

Not fair at all. I went last week and we got Precious Time, First Love and X-Ray (woo!) from the first album, would've killed several people for Lego. Or Latchmere. Or About Your Dress.

Still fantastic though.

Hipsters. :shifty:

Speaking of, I have amount a good load of gigs in April. Lis Er Stille, perhaps Mads Björn and Ulige Numre twice in two weeks! You people need to listen to more Danish indie music because a lot of it incredible and better than British indie music.

As a lot of other bands, it is one that I know of but have never heard any material from. Always been told to listen to them, though.

I'd definitely check them out, I think you'd love them. Finding the right stuff is difficult, though - they've recorded an insane amount, and it varies wildly in genre and quality. Your best bet is to look out for live stuff - they're one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

Not fair at all. I went last week and we got Precious Time, First Love and X-Ray (woo!) from the first album, would've killed several people for Lego. Or Latchmere. Or About Your Dress.

Still fantastic though.

Yeah, we got those three. X-Ray and Precious Time were fantastic, too. X-Ray was pretty crazy, think it was one of their best live songs. I just enjoyed Lego the most because of the sheer amount of suprise. A few minutes before it came on, my friend assured me that they wouldn't play it - so it made it even better. Latchmere or About Your Dress would've been perfect, but they don't like playing them anymore. One guy left in outrage when he found out the final song was We Grew Up At Midnight, not Latchmere.

This reminds me that I need to find some Les Rallizes Dénudés again. Think it was you as well that mentioned them to me and I was blown away when I heard "Heavier Than A Death In The Family".

I go through phases of thinking for a couple of days that LRD are the greatest band ever. I'm currently smack bang in the middle of one.

They're fairly ridiculous, but so far ahead of their time it's insane.

• 1 month later...

So I was at an amazing gig yesterday. Lis Er Stille backed by Spektr. Now, Lis Er Stille started out a post rock collective but with their "The Collibro" release grew into a more progressive rock sound. That sound was perfected on their latest release, "NOUS", which they are touring in support of right now. Spektr is fronted by former The Raveonettes guitarist Manoj Rambas and have found a sweet spot between electro-rock, progressive and surf rock; basically it all sounds like a modern rock band that decided to cheesy 80's action themes or spy movie music with an electronic twist. Compile this all into three hours of concert with theatrics, poetry and choreographed dance and you have one fucking fantastic show.

Seriously, this was one of the best gigs I've seen since Kvelertak last december. This was absolutely amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh hey look, I am posting in this thread again!

Just got home from Sleep at Amager Bio and holy shit, Matt Pike is fat. And the music was amazing. I've always wanted to hear Dopesmoker live since the first time I heard it way back when, and that happened tonight; interspersed with songs from Sleep's Holy Mountain, this was essentially a dream gig for any fan of stoner metal. The warm-up band were a bit boring though, pretty generic although quite heavy, post metal. Had a few beers with a few guys from Jutland, we talked about Boris and Matt Pike being fat and generally had a good time until the noise started so it was a good night all-round.

Caught Clutch, Kyng, and Monstro this past Saturday. Hellyeah was headlining, didn't care to stick around for them. Clutch's set was the epitome of a good live band, as there have been constant changes throughout the tour and several new songs being tested out. Kyng was pretty solid. Struck me as a band born straight from "Fairies Wear Boots" Sabbath and The Sword.

Catching Coheed & Cambria for the second time tonight. Pianos Become The Teeth & Moving Mountains to open.

I saw Los Campesinos twice in march and it was fucking awesome. Being my favourite band, I just enjoyed the shit out of both of those gigs. Seeing them again at Reading, but they're not as good when they're not playing a smaller venue.

Caught Clutch, Kyng, and Monstro this past Saturday. Hellyeah was headlining, didn't care to stick around for them. Clutch's set was the epitome of a good live band, as there have been constant changes throughout the tour and several new songs being tested out. Kyng was pretty solid. Struck me as a band born straight from "Fairies Wear Boots" Sabbath and The Sword.

Catching Coheed & Cambria for the second time tonight. Pianos Become The Teeth & Moving Mountains to open.

So jealous that you saw Clutch. :(

The highlighted part sounds really interesting. Do they have any stuff out?

So jealous that you saw Clutch. :(

The highlighted part sounds really interesting. Do they have any stuff out?

They just released their debut, I believe. Album's called "Trampled Sun", "Falling Down" looks to be the first song pushed out.

Clutch show as exceptional. Jean-Paul Gaster just looks like it's second nature to him and the band is the definition of a good live act. Worth seeing no matter what part of the show they're in.

Godspeed in October in Nashville might be my first solo show ever. I'm not missing them again, damnit. Other than that, all I have scheduled is Bonnaroo.

Did I see The Midget say something about Chattanooga? Wha?

Did I see The Midget say something about Chattanooga? Wha?

Why, yes you did. A new venue called Track 29 opened about six months back near the Chattanooga Choo Choo. The owners are in league with the same guys that do the booking for Bonna, so some good bands have crossed through Chatt recently. They Might Be Giants & Jonathan Coulton was staged here, while Clutch co-headlined with Hellyeah. FFDP was in just before that, with Seether, Switchfoot, and some other acts coming a few weeks later.

SRN, if you dig Kyng, they'll be doing some dates with Fair to Midland & 10 Years very soon (including a stop in - you guessed it - Chattanooga!)

My comment about you and Chattanooga was, mostly, about you um, living? in Chattanooga. I didn't know this.

omg lets go to showers together :pervert:

EDIT: I meant "shows", but showers work too.