Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Heading out for Aalborg Metal Festival in about an hour. It is going to be awesome, I have gone to a metal gig in a year or something. Iniquity, Marduk, Fear Factory, Gojira, Melechesh, Rotten Sound and of course, Devin Townsend is what I am hoping to see.

My gigs coming up:

17th November - Billy Talent (Leeds Academy)

18th November - Feeder (Manchester Academy)

1st December - Fozzy (The Cockpit, Leeds) **Haven't booked yet but fairly certain I'm off**

15th December - The Hives (Manchester Academy 2) **Haven't booked yet...*

24th January - Black Light Burns (Corporation, Sheffield)

23rd March - Biffy Clyro (Sheffield Arena)

24th May - Lana Del Rey (Manchester Apollo)

Really wanted to see Black Keys, Crystal Castles and Deftones but work has got in the way. Wanted to see Devin Townsend the same night as The Hives, same city too, but my friend dropped out and my other friend wanted to see The Hives instead.

Cannibal Corpse, Hour of Penance and Misery Index. All three were pretty good and even the local that opened wasn't half bad (the last time I saw them they suuuucked), but the standout for me was Hour of Penance. They had really good energy and weren't at all the typical "Stand around and play your instruments and look GRIMMMM" that I come to expect when I see death metal bands live. It was nice.