General Movie Thread

Jimmy

10 hours ago, Pizza said:

That's incredibly optimistic.

If Ninja Turtles can get more than one so can the Power Rangers.

59 minutes ago, Kirkland said:

If Ninja Turtles can get more than one so can the Power Rangers.

It's kind of cute that you'd just assume that. Ninja Turtles made back more than the budget domestically, and did more than double in foreign markets reaching almost $500 million in total revenue. That's the ONLY reason it got a sequel.

Nah, creative reasons for Police Academy. From day one it was planned as a long series of diminishing returns with fewer and fewer of the original cast, and they stayed true to that vision.

Just now, Colly said:

Nah, creative reasons for Police Academy. From day one it was planned as a long series of diminishing returns with fewer and fewer of the original cast, and they stayed true to that vision.

They planned it that way? Why?

Just now, MDK said:

Long term plan to prove LL wrong.

I'm being serious. I find it hard to believe that whoever thought the franchise up said "I'll make a great comedy and then I'll make lots of sequels that will get progressively worse until no one cares anymore": I know that a lot of franchises end up that way but I'm sure they don't plan it that way when they get started. Or was Colly just being sarcastic and I didn't get it?

Just now, Hellraiser said:

I'm being serious. I find it hard to believe that whoever thought the franchise up said "I'll make a great comedy and then I'll make lots of sequels that will get progressively worse until no one cares anymore": I know that a lot of franchises end up that way but I'm sure they don't plan it that way when they get started. Or was Colly just being sarcastic and I didn't get it?

His sarcasm is so advanced that people think he's thick >_>

I'm sure they must have made some money.

Power Rangers suits

YvVX4BY.jpg

I think they look kinda cool...and also kinda like Iron Man

On 5/6/2016 at 05:18, Benji said:

I guess the "Rita is an ex-Ranger" theory is true then.

Wait what?

Assassins Creed trailer

It doesn't look terrible!  Also, I like that the release date is a reference to the games

• 2 weeks later...

John Carpenter's returning to the Halloween series to "course correct" it. He's not directing the next film, but producing and working closely with whoever is chosen as director. This will be his first direct involvement with a Halloween film since Halloween III in 1982.

On 5/5/2016 at 15:59, Lint said:

Power Rangers suits

YvVX4BY.jpg

I think they look kinda cool...and also kinda like Iron Man

Too much of one color not broken up. Same reason I didn't like the Jungle Fury suits.

300full-power-rangers-jungle-fury-photo.

For comparison, the original MMPR

Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers.jpg

Edited by Kirkland