The guilty pleasure thread...

GA!

The guilty pleasure thread: where we declare our love for songs that will instantly eradicate any semblance of indie cred and/or manliness. Please accompany with explanations why you like them because discussion is lovely and shit.

First of mine:

And in the same vein, '2 Become 1' and 'Too Much' by them as well. The vocals/lyrics are passable, but I think modern pop music lacks the meticulous, beautiful production of the "background" music in these songs (damn you euro-trance!). To put it another way: they're lovely.

Your turn.

I swear all guilty pleasures threads always have a Venga Boy's track within the first 5 posts.

I don't believe in guilty pleasures, mainly because I think it's something macho guys invented to describe how they feel when they listen to effeminate music and/or it's something music snobs invented to allow them to like pop music. But for your consideration:

Yeah, I'll echo what both RPS and Matt said. I don't really believe in guilty pleasures, I like what I like and it doesn't really matter what other people think of it. However, with bands like Limp Bizkit, I would probably hate them if they had come out now, but because I loved them when I was 14 I still have a soft spot for them. Rearranged still gets a lot of play on my ipod. Same thing with Linkin Park, I can't stand their new stuff, but I still enjoy their old stuff even though there isn't that much difference. I could probably still listen to Hybrid Theory from back to front.

• 7 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h9ZH8Ge_TE

One of my most often played songs on my MP3 player. I have the entire album on my player but this song (and "Kuso Nou Breakin No Breakin Lily") switch from a cheery J-pop anime pace to and from a heavy guitar riff... then back to cheery J-pop again...

Side note, when translated to English, the lyrics are more fucked up than most death metal songs...

I also have "Still Alive" on my MP3 player, but that hardly counts as a guilty pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h9ZH8Ge_TE

One of my most often played songs on my MP3 player. I have the entire album on my player but this song (and "Kuso Nou Breakin No Breakin Lily") switch from a cheery J-pop anime pace to and from a heavy guitar riff... then back to cheery J-pop again...

Side note, when translated to English, the lyrics are more fucked up than most death metal songs...

I also have "Still Alive" on my MP3 player, but that hardly counts as a guilty pleasure.

How is Maximum The Hormone EVER a guilty pleasure? I mean, that doesn't even make any sense. Is this because you only strictly listen to brutal death metal or what? :/

Well, no. The rest of the album isn't too unusual from my tastes (I have almost everything Sex Machineguns recorded for example). Just those two songs really stand out.

I do not know if I have any. I am pretty open about liking the Ghostbusters 2 soundtrack for its cheesy rap. I listen to Piledriver quite a lot too. And I have a life long enjoyment of the music of Kenny Rogers.

I generally don't give a damn, I like what I like.