The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Now that they've got that Super Veteran pack (or whatever it's actually called), methinks I'm gonna' play another round of multi tonight to see what might come of it. Two items guaranteed to be Uncommon or better... hard to pass up.

Just beat the game.

Fucking seriously guys, you really think the ending was that bad? Go and play Final Fantasy XIII-2 and then we'll talk about bad endings. Jesus christ. It was riddled with plot holes and wasn't perfect, but it wasn't that bad.

Hell, the worst part is that it gives you no fucking clue what you're doing at the end. I'm really lucky I happened upon the right thing, because there was no "Destroy this to destroy Reapers" dialogue. Just a guess!

Get rid of the Mass Relays blowing up and the fact that destroying all Reapers means the destruction of EDI and the Geth and the ending would have been fine. I mean sure, it wasn't the best it could be, but man. You guys have no idea.

FFXIII-2 Spoilers...

YOU JUST FAIL YOUR MISSION. THE ENDING IS THAT THE LEAD CHARACTER DIES AND THE APOCALYPSE HAPPPENS AND THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING YOU COULD DO ABOUT IT. AND IT WAS ALL PLANNED BY THE MAIN VILLAIN ALL ALONG. That's a bad ending. This... nowhere near as awful.

What this game needed to satisfy just enough, was an epilogue. But fuck. It really wasn't that bad.

For the commendation pack, I got the Eagle. It's an alright pistol, but I'm much happier with my Geth Plasma Shotgun and an Asari Vanguard I got in a Spectre pack :shifty:

Also, I keep seeing "Maximum Readiness +5%" sometimes even if I have everything at 100%, so I think the more you play multiplayer, the more you can raise how low the galactic readiness will drop if you don't play forever(at least that's what I'm guessing.)

Just beat the game.

Fucking seriously guys, you really think the ending was that bad? Go and play Final Fantasy XIII-2 and then we'll talk about bad endings. Jesus christ. It was riddled with plot holes and wasn't perfect, but it wasn't that bad.

Hell, the worst part is that it gives you no fucking clue what you're doing at the end. I'm really lucky I happened upon the right thing, because there was no "Destroy this to destroy Reapers" dialogue. Just a guess!

Get rid of the Mass Relays blowing up and the fact that destroying all Reapers means the destruction of EDI and the Geth and the ending would have been fine. I mean sure, it wasn't the best it could be, but man. You guys have no idea.

FFXIII-2 Spoilers...

YOU JUST FAIL YOUR MISSION. THE ENDING IS THAT THE LEAD CHARACTER DIES AND THE APOCALYPSE HAPPPENS AND THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING YOU COULD DO ABOUT IT. AND IT WAS ALL PLANNED BY THE MAIN VILLAIN ALL ALONG. That's a bad ending. This... nowhere near as awful.

What this game needed to satisfy just enough, was an epilogue. But fuck. It really wasn't that bad.

Problem is with the Mass Effect endings is that they are all same, besides a different lightning. And everything you've done in the previous games doesn't matter and has no effect on the ending. Casey Hudson, the project leader, promised that there would be a multitude of endings and not just an A, B or C option. And that is exactly what it is; an A, B or C option that leads to the same conclusion. And besides that, it is riddled with plotholes, yes.

For the commendation pack, I got the Eagle. It's an alright pistol, but I'm much happier with my Geth Plasma Shotgun and an Asari Vanguard I got in a Spectre pack :shifty:

Also, I keep seeing "Maximum Readiness +5%" sometimes even if I have everything at 100%, so I think the more you play multiplayer, the more you can raise how low the galactic readiness will drop if you don't play forever(at least that's what I'm guessing.)

+5% means you get 5% extra experience because you've got the readiness to 100%.

I'm so happy with my N7 SMG, I roll with an SMG anyways so it worked out great for me.

Got N7 Valiant sniper and upgrade to my tempest smg. Already have a widow 3 so not sure how useful this will be. Plus 8 ops packs. Well, at least it wasn't thermal clips.

Got a super veteran pack for the sake of it, got an assault rifle scope which i'm not sure if i'll use because I have seemingly every other mod for that and use those instead. That and 2 uncommon guns in the shape of a sniper and shotty that are probably worse than what I have. Oh well.

I got the N7 Hurricane. A full-auto SMG that can't aim worth a damn, but it's rather useful against big targets. Like Brutes, Ravagers, and Atlases. Fairly useless against Geth super-soldiers, though, since most Geth have the same profile, they're just taller or shorter.

And yes, the end to FFXIII-2 does make Mass Effect 3's ending look incredible by comparison.

As if they were shit enough to actually belive in the current ending not being shit. The question is "how can you fix this without losing the integrity of the original ending?" Will they just ad two and a half cutsceenes and be don with it? Because the needed changes are bigger than this...

I would've at least been slightly satisfied if we'd got just a text ending to explain the results of all our decisions, ala Dragon Age: Origins. As it was, it was clearly just "meh, one ending, three bright lights... fuck it, why explain anything at all? It's done".