Sports experiences

Cymbols

I played as a striker, then a midfielder, then a defender, then stopped playing. Basically, I dropped further back the lazier I got. Was probably the best in defence, but didn't enjoy it as much.

Did manage to score 3 goals in about 6 games from defence playing for the old boys football team linked to my secondary school.

I only play keeper because our keeper was on holiday and we were gonna take it in turns for a 6 a side tournament, I went first, saved 2 penalties and kept a cleen sheet. Been keeper even since.

I also got sent off for rugby tackling a striker as he tried to go around me. Don't play much now since dislocating my knee.

Is everyone a 'keeper on this board?

I'm probably the most inconsistent goalkeeper ever. I'll have one match where i'd be really good and then the next match it'd be better if there was actually no goalkeeper.

Defender/Defensive Midfielder my normal position though. Probably because while I can whip a good ball or make a good pass my shooting isn't the best. Defendings my strong point. Always loved just stopping an attack with a last ditch tackle then scoring a goal for some reason.

First appearance in goal in soccer of the season and on the first shot someone took the ball hit my hand and bounced out right in front of me, I felt a burning pain in my wrist and the other team kicked the ball in while I gathered myself. My defense sucked. I broke my wrist and missed the next 5 weeks of games.

Nah, I'm just lanky and have big hands. :shifty:

That was the logic they used to dump me in goal. Eventually I figured the way to get out of staying in goal was to be deliberately awful so someone else would say "Oh fuck it I'll do it then", once out I'd play well and eventually when I was scoring more than the supposed best footballers they reluctantly accepted I'm probably better off not dumped in goal.