Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

24 minutes ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

I really really like it. It's still in beta, so I can only imagine it will get better but for now, it feels like a full game. 

It's a very fun take on the city/civilization building simulation. You get to play God, in that the more you do to cause good things (or bad things), the more your little Nuggets believe in you. You're just trying to balance their happiness. You are mostly building the extra things (water reservoirs, water pumps, hunting garrisons, etc.) while they build their homes, get married and have babies and you just need to make sure they have everything to take care of their needs.

The one really fun part is that as the civilization advances, the more they can take care of themselves. If you unlock the Minister of Water tech, they can start building their own water reservoirs, for example.

That's all well and good until they learn how to think entirely for themselves and turn on you :( 

• Like 1

I'm playing the Monster Train DLC beta and does it ever add a lot to the game without really adding a lot.

New clan is pretty confusing at first but really it's not harder than the Melting Remnant once you get used to it.  The other major addition is there are extra stops you can make for items/upgrades but each one you take makes the enemies stronger and spawn special upgraded enemies.  So far a big fan.

It's such crap that the demo is exclusive to PS5. You've got a multiplatform game that walls off content to anyone who hasn't dodged the scalpers and bought an expensive new machine.

Speaking of such console scarcity, that has to be the reason they're now releasing the game for Xbox One and PS4 as well. Putting out a game in a hugely popular franchise on consoles only a small number of people have wouldn't be a wise business decision.

7 hours ago, Azazel said:

I took some vacation days this week just because I had them and didn't want to work.  I decided to finally buy Stardew Valley and I don't even want to admit how many hours I've put into it already this week.  It is so hard to stop!

I have had so many hours tossed in because of the bedtime savetime, where you go "Well, I can check on the crops but then i'll quit"... Then you end up running through the entirety of the day and you're back at it.

This comic defines the positive feedback loop quite well...

yL5P5Jv.png

8 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

My wife would wholeheartedly agree; it really frustrated her

I am a HARDCORE SERIOUS GAMER and I just don't understand why you would make something so straightforward so complex. 

• Like 1

Eh, I just use a mod to eliminate the fishing game, at least the frustrating parts. I mean, WoW's fishing is straight forward, no screwing around with a bunch of shit. Breath of Fire, pretty much the same thing, just cast and that's it. And while fishing's great to get you started in terms of cash, it's not an end all be all. 

12 minutes ago, Mick said:

Eh, I just use a mod to eliminate the fishing game, at least the frustrating parts. I mean, WoW's fishing is straight forward, no screwing around with a bunch of shit. Breath of Fire, pretty much the same thing, just cast and that's it. And while fishing's great to get you started in terms of cash, it's not an end all be all. 

But so so boring. People in my old guild would spend hours upon hours doing it and I just zzzzzzzzzz