Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

7 hours ago, Forky said:

It annoyed me when they added deaths to The Sims because I never want to waste all that time only to have my sim die.

That's been in since the first game!

And if you want building empires, there's Crusader Kings, but then again, your characters can (and will) die :shifty: . 

Just now, Mick said:

That's been in since the first game!

And if you want building empires, there's Crusader Kings, but then again, your characters can (and will) die :shifty: . 

Was it? I don't remember it being there in The Sims 2 which is the one I played the most. I actually have Crusader Kings on Steam I think.

3 minutes ago, Forky said:

Was it? I don't remember it being there in The Sims 2 which is the one I played the most. I actually have Crusader Kings on Steam I think.

Well, natural death. Even then there's non-cheaty ways to get around it. 

Ugh...in Rimworld, my colony is in the middle of a heatwave.  My freezer has 4 coolers, all set to -10F, and every day I get notices that my meals have rotted away

It might not be enough power going through to keep the room below 0. I'll normally set them to -30 or so and depending on the size of the freezer (I'm a bad hoarder...) might even need another cooler on top of the four you have, if you can afford the power hike of course. If you hover over the freezer, in the bottom right corner it should tell you the indoor temp to let you know if it's still too warm. If the room is sub zero that should stop them rotting unless I'm missing something.

I picked up Hades while it was on sale last week and got around to playing it this morning, really dig it so far. I'm very bad at it. I don't like playing ranged in most games, so I avoid using the bow, but I unlocked the Aegis of Chaos and like it alright. Seems a bit low damage though. I mostly stick to just using the sword. I don't think I've fought a single boss yet, just the two skeleton bomber minibosses. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lint said:

Ugh...in Rimworld, my colony is in the middle of a heatwave.  My freezer has 4 coolers, all set to -10F, and every day I get notices that my meals have rotted away

23 hours ago, lanky316 said:

It might not be enough power going through to keep the room below 0. I'll normally set them to -30 or so and depending on the size of the freezer (I'm a bad hoarder...) might even need another cooler on top of the four you have, if you can afford the power hike of course. If you hover over the freezer, in the bottom right corner it should tell you the indoor temp to let you know if it's still too warm. If the room is sub zero that should stop them rotting unless I'm missing something.

One trick I employ are rolling freezers. I.e set them at different temperatures so they only engage when they are really needed.

Setting them all on a single temperature makes it an excessive drain on the system because they'll be running as long as they're hitting that one temperature.

In really extreme biomes, I run the fridge on their own grid with a single thermal vent supplying all the energy needed.

Also, having a dedicated emergency battery vault can help you too. Charging them fully and taking them off the grid. It protects them from fully draining when the energy explosion event fires.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Turns out the lead designer for Hogwarts Legacy is a far-right, anti-feminist, pro-gamergate Youtuber. Seems like from some of his tweets last fall he’s a covid denier as well, no surprise given the rest. 

• Confused 1

It seems he was also a producer for Legends of Wrestling. There's a strange link.

He doesn't appear to have had a hand-on role with any critically praised games in the past. His resume consists mostly of Disney shovelware titles. If that's any guide, it probably won't be a great game anyway.

So, just finished up the X-COM 2 campaign. My only real complaint was in the very last part of the last mission, wounds to other people were causing my troops to lose their cool. This was actually a tactical benefit when my Templar lost it and went nuts by a squad of Vipers I had forgotten about, but still annoying, especially when it's they're freaking out and I'm like "Oh come on, Mox has gotten worse shaving!"

The very last Avatar basically dumbassed itself. I hit it one, it teleported right next to my Reaper (who had yet to move)...so, shot number two from the Reaper, teleports into direct line of sight of the Commander. One Kamehameha (well, a Null Lance) later and that was it. 

Thing's I've learned:

The Hero units are awesome, although I didn't get to really see just what the Templar was truly capable of. The Reaper was hilarious, being able to just use Banish on Sectopods and make them more or less a non-factor. The scouting was top-notch too. 

Sharpshooter+Serial+A Repeater = Potential God of Death

9 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Turns out the lead designer for Hogwarts Legacy is a far-right, anti-feminist, pro-gamergate Youtuber. Seems like from some of his tweets last fall he’s a covid denier as well, no surprise given the rest. 

Somehow I read that as lead character, which would have been probably as horrible but potentially hilarious.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

It seems he was also a producer for Legends of Wrestling. There's a strange link.

I'm going to presume he's the chief reason why S:LOW was garbage then.

22 hours ago, Mick said:

So, just finished up the X-COM 2 campaign. My only real complaint was in the very last part of the last mission, wounds to other people were causing my troops to lose their cool. This was actually a tactical benefit when my Templar lost it and went nuts by a squad of Vipers I had forgotten about, but still annoying, especially when it's they're freaking out and I'm like "Oh come on, Mox has gotten worse shaving!"

The very last Avatar basically dumbassed itself. I hit it one, it teleported right next to my Reaper (who had yet to move)...so, shot number two from the Reaper, teleports into direct line of sight of the Commander. One Kamehameha (well, a Null Lance) later and that was it. 

Thing's I've learned:

The Hero units are awesome, although I didn't get to really see just what the Templar was truly capable of. The Reaper was hilarious, being able to just use Banish on Sectopods and make them more or less a non-factor. The scouting was top-notch too. 

Sharpshooter+Serial+A Repeater = Potential God of Death

I highly recommend Long War of the Chosen.  It's obviously a lot longer and harder but there are new classes, the need to have dozens of soldiers ready at all times because you will be doing multiple missions at a time.  The story is not just hold off the avatar project, but you actually take over regions and Advent tries to take them back so it feels like more of a fight.  You also use more soldiers per missions so fights are bigger and more chaotic.

I think it's a lot more fun.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Azazel said:

I highly recommend Long War of the Chosen.  It's obviously a lot longer and harder but there are new classes, the need to have dozens of soldiers ready at all times because you will be doing multiple missions at a time.  The story is not just hold off the avatar project, but you actually take over regions and Advent tries to take them back so it feels like more of a fight.  You also use more soldiers per missions so fights are bigger and more chaotic.

I think it's a lot more fun.

This makes me want to download this mod, but I just bought the Pokemon DLC and want to give that a wrap. Someone remind me in two weeks to download this. 

4 hours ago, RPS said:

This makes me want to download this mod, but I just bought the Pokemon DLC and want to give that a wrap. Someone remind me in two weeks to download this. 

It's a rather big change.  The main thing I wish I knew the first time I tried was that missions are skippable, you will have way more than enough to do so if a mission is going to be hard, or you are understaffed then it is better to just not do it and wait for something better to pop up.  Also figuring out how Infiltration so you don't end up with 8 rookies vs 40 enemies in the first month of the game.