Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Should I get Gabriel Knight on steam?

I fucking loved the original back in the day and it's honestly one of my all time favorite games.

Part of me says to get it, just to encourage more remakes/a continuation of the series but another part of me says why bother when you have a copy of the original, on CD, in perfect condition and in easy reach.

I mean if I'd not played it in years and couldn't find my original copy(or it was scratched to hell) I'd be all over the steam version but seeing as I still have a copy of the original and in amazing condition, it seems like money I could spend elsewhere on the 100s of other fantastic games I've never played any version of like This war of mine or A Wolf among us.

At its current price, I'd say no. If it drops to around $5.00 U.S, then yes.

It really is a great game, and would be worth picking up for the updated look. But not when there's other games out there than you've never played and would like to.

• Like 1

I bought it. Don't think I'll download it right away though, too much other stuff ATM

So of course. Blizzard gives me a beta key for Heroes of the Storm

I get my Killing Floor 2 Beta key tomorrow!!! I wasn't even this excited for GTA V!

EDIT: What is the overall opinion on South Park: Stick of Truth? I'm tossing up between that and the Dead Space games.

Edited by Rocky

Stick of Truth was my favourite game of last year. As an RPG, don't expect anywhere near the kind of depth you'd get with something like Baldur's Gate, or even most modern RPGs for that matter, but as a video game representation of the show, it's absolutely spot-on. As much as a cliché as it is to say, the claim that "if you like the source material, you'll like this" has never been more accurate than with this game.

• Like 2

I haven't really watched south park in a very long time. Might still be worth a look in though. Thanks

Even if you haven't, the humor is more in line with early seasons than the more topical fare of later seasons (unless you're sick of certain things in video games, in which case, the send up is spot on.)

• Like 1

I wish I had a PC powerful enough to run GTA V. That footage of it running at 60fps is glorious.

I'm barely above the recommended specs, I'm not sure it would look any prettier than on PS3 >_> might wait and see how it runs on comparable set ups.

Edited by Quom

I wish I had a PC powerful enough to run GTA V. That footage of it running at 60fps is glorious.

I'm barely above the recommended stats, I'm not sure it would look any prettier than on PS3 >_> might wait and see how it runs on comparable set ups.

The next-gen upgrade certainly looked better, and PC will support modding and even BETTER textures than what it shipped with.