Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Heroes of the Storm may finally be the MOBA I lose stupid amounts of time to.

Been playing it the last few days and it's a blast. I've played a lot of League of Legends, but HotS removes a lot of the frustrations of LoL. Games are shorter, closer and the objectives style gameplay forces teamfights, so it feels like there's a lot more "action".

Plus the characters are awesome.

• Like 1

I'm so excited for Cities: Skylines that it's a bit ridiculous.

I saw it on top of a lot of wishlists and I was wondering what the deal was - I'm used to 'city' type games being focused on transportation or something of the sort but damn - this looks interesting.

Yeah, Cities in Motion is decent but is just a traffic aim and was pretty in depth. Cities XL was the same game released each year with a different name without improvement.

Heroes of the Storm may finally be the MOBA I lose stupid amounts of time to.

Been playing it the last few days and it's a blast. I've played a lot of League of Legends, but HotS removes a lot of the frustrations of LoL. Games are shorter, closer and the objectives style gameplay forces teamfights, so it feels like there's a lot more "action".

Plus the characters are awesome.

Word. I'm really digging the support role as a way to get my feet wet. Didn't hurt that my first game I used Malfurion and still racked up a team high 27 takedowns. (H)

I've played a total of 3 MOBAs that I actually enjoy. League of Legends (is anyone surprised?), Infinite Crises (was a fun way to spend an afternoon), and Heroes of the Storm (it's enjoyable, but I can only play 2-3 games before I get bored).

But if you're looking to get into one? I'd suggest Heroes of the Storm, for sure.

I don´t know how simple it is. It cuts a ton of the bullshit and because they don´t have as many champions yet you can get way faster into knowing "all". But what you loose with last hitting you gain in fast pace and different maps with different objectives.

The biggest difference is the lack of an items system, but the limited skill tree still alows variation.

Skylines is great. Just lost like 8 hours playing it. Everything works well. Although for some reason I have no demand for commercial so would be lucky to have 1/20th the amount of commercial compared to industry and residential. No idea if it's a bug or what :/. Either way it isn't really dampening my enjoyment or anything. Oddly I haven't had any traffic problems either, although it could be because my city only has 25k people in it. Speaking of which, I think there might be an artificial cap on population based on how many tiles you've unlocked. My city is dense but I've only bothered unlocking three tiles so far. Having watched streams and stuff I feel like my city should have a bigger population.

Demand for commercial increased so buggered if I know what was causing it. Definitely weird. I do think the population is a bit stuffed up though, my city is massive and only has 35k citizens now. It has a cap of 1 million but I really don't think that you could get there using the 9 tiles you can buy (there is already a mod that lets you use 25 tiles).

I prefer it to Sim City 4 which is meant to be the standard bearer.

Another issue is that money is going to be too easy to come by for anyone with any sort of city builder experience.

It is pretty much everything I was hoping it would be. I'm excited that it has Workshop support and will end up buying the expansions that will inevitably come. I've been a bit jaded with games recently so it was a pleasant surprise that this one lived up to the hype.