Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

The first KOTOR is great, one of my favourite games ever. It's pretty much exactly what I had always wanted from a Star Wars game, and it's what got me into modern, narrative decision-based RPGs.

I would strongly disagree, however, with the notion that KOTOR II is a rehash of the first game. I found the brooding, darker tone to be fantastic, and the characters were well-defined and more malleable when it came to influencing their outlook on the ongoing events. What I liked best about the game was that it brought a new dimension to the old Jedi vs Sith philosophies and introduced a subtler approach than its predecessor, which, despite everything I love about it, did little more than portraying the Jedi as paragons of virtue and the Sith as moustache-twirling bastards. KOTOR II's narrative cut a less polarising form by highlighting the hypocrisy on both sides of the fence and making matters much less black-and-white, which made for an experience that set itself apart from that of the original.

And if you're planning to play KOTOR II, I can't recommend the Restored Content Mod enough. As its title suggests, it adds in much of the content that Obsidian had to remove in order to squeeze the game's development into a meagre 13-month development cycle, and it also takes care of a few bugs that existed in the vanilla version of the game. While it doesn't make everything 100% perfect, it's certainly no less stable than the game in its original form, and it's a great solution to the valid complaints about the problems caused by the rushed development process.

Man, I thought I had a good read on what my PC can deal with in terms of graphics. Then I played the Battlefield Hardline Beta, which runs at 60fps at high.

Like... Dying Light runs at about 30 with a ton of stuttering. I remember trying AC: Black Flag recently and it ran like shit as well. Is Battlefield just not as crazy as I thought it is, or are those others games just nowhere near as optimized? I'm guessing the latter, in which case, that's a fucking shame that so many titles could be running so much better.

Say what you will about EA, but my god, they work their asses of for the PC ports. Hardline running all at high at 60fps is gorgeous.

There is a Square-Enix sale with up to 85% of select titles

My owning Daikatana is purely down to some form of bundle.

Oh yeah, it was the Square Enix bundle. Getting Daikatana is worth it to get Thief and the first 2 Hitman games too.