Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

If anyone else wants it and you don't want to worry about using a reseller GMG have it for under $22 here

Edit. Also if you're playing on a laptop and have an Nvidia card then you need to load the game, quit it, go into the Nvidia control panel and make your graphics card is set to run the game. Nvidia haven't released a profile for Skylines so by default your computer tries to run it using your processor.

Edited by Quom
  • Like 1

http://terrain.party/

Go here and make a terrain out of any real world location with some tinkering, Dan pointed this out and I'm going to give it a shot. It's only just come out and it seems to work quite well!

Either way, I played a bit and even thought I sucked I can tell that this is a well put together and amazing game. I was a little overwhelmed at first but it's true, everything is really intuitive and it's an absolute blast to play. I got my key instantly through the re-seller link and they use PayPal in case you were wondering what their payment system is line, GMG is great too of course. But yeah, I think y'all should pick this up if you're interested especially while these keys are cheap.

If anyone else wants it and you don't want to worry about using a reseller GMG have it for under $22 here

Edit. Also if you're playing on a laptop and have an Nvidia card then you need to load the game, quit it, go into the Nvidia control panel and make your graphics card is set to run the game. Nvidia haven't released a profile for Skylines so by default your computer tries to run it using your processor.

I was wondering why it was running choppy as hell.

My town just hit 100k. I think I might start a new one. Also I'm pretty sure tourism is broken at the moment. I attempted a tourism district with all the features and stuff sandwiched between my harbour and airport. Instead of bringing in tourists it just cost me lots of money. Might see if there is an explanation of how it's meant to work. The metro definitely does if you set it up well, at one point I was making 10k a week on it.

This game is wonderful. Got my second city up to 12k~ population but I'm mainly focusing on high density stuff now so it's going up much faster than it was before.

Have you guys dived into the workshop? Over 1,000 buildings are already on it. I'm adding so much stuff to my game, it's so great.

ZeaESVi.png

Just found McDonalds!

How much of a rugby fan are you? From what I can gather from the player reviews on Steam, it's a reasonably competent, albeit unspectacular, management simulation, but the UI is not very user-friendly and will more or less bury anyone who doesn't have a solid grasp of the sport before playing. It's what has put me off the game because even though I enjoy rugby, some of the subtler nuances would go over my head.

How much of a rugby fan are you? From what I can gather from the player reviews on Steam, it's a reasonably competent, albeit unspectacular, management simulation, but the UI is not very user-friendly and will more or less bury anyone who doesn't have a solid grasp of the sport before playing. It's what has put me off the game because even though I enjoy rugby, some of the subtler nuances would go over my head.

Just from what you said, I can say that it's likely not for me then. I'm a very, very casual fan and have very little idea of how the strategy works in the sport. I was kind of hoping it'd help me learn, but it sounds like I need to go in with the knowledge already. Thanks anyway.

Cities: Skylines sold over 250k in it's first day. That's fantastic news, and will also mean that there will probably be a ton of ridiculous custom content.

It's truly been the city builder everyone had been clamoring for after SimCity 4. 12 years makes gamers very yearning, even more so after the mess that was SimCity 5.

And also the developer allowing full customization is just a very thick layer of frosting on top, it made a good game into a great game.