General Gaming Thread

TKz

Wow so I ran into a massive fucking bug in Tyranny of George Washington and literally the only fix involves changing game files and wiping my save in the campaign.

• Sad 1

Good news is, getting back to where I was wasn't too much of a task. This DLC is great, by the way. I actually like the main story but I'd love more bonkers alternate history stuff with outright superpowers.

Also has to be a horror show for the mooks though. Imagine watching all your mates drop dead around around you with stab wounds, from a predator you can't even see. And that's before the fucking teleporting and summoning ghost wolves come into play.

Oh my Christ fuck the end of Digimon Hacker's Memory. They were trying for something meaningful and beautiful but I just feel ripped off. IIRC didn't I complain about the previous game's end too?

Playing Quantum Break, a game from Remedy, the folks behind Alan Wake...

And not only is there is a trailer for the cancelled Alan Wake 2, which implies that the Alan Wake video game exists in this universe... but you also find Alan Wake's books exist in the universe too.

This means not only does Quantum Break share the same universe as Alan Wake, but also that the events of Alan Wake and the video game itself exists in the same universe.

And people say Death Stranding is a mindfuck.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Playing Quantum Break, a game from Remedy, the folks behind Alan Wake...

And not only is there is a trailer for the cancelled Alan Wake 2, which implies that the Alan Wake video game exists in this universe... but you also find Alan Wake's books exist in the universe too.

This means not only does Quantum Break share the same universe as Alan Wake, but also that the events of Alan Wake and the video game itself exists in the same universe.

And people say Death Stranding is a mindfuck.

Pretty sure all the remedy games exists in the same continuity someway.

Max Payne 1/2, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control.

It's basically just the mindfuckverse.

11 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Pretty sure all the remedy games exists in the same continuity someway.

Max Payne 1/2, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control.

It's basically just the mindfuckverse.

Yeah but Alan Wake the game existing in Alan Wake the game takes the cake.

Doubly hilarious when you consider the game's plot.

• Like 1

So yeah Quantum Break is awesome but yeah they lean hard into the Alan Wake references.

goVU5Fk.jpg

nPflorL.jpg

And Sam Lake, creator of both games, gets his own self-insert

7S2PlsP.jpg

and unrelated screen but

88ODON7.jpg

also the TV show sections are available in the game and really there's no fucking way anyone could follow just the episodes. It'd be like watching four random episodes of Game of Thrones from four separate seasons without knowing what happens before or in between.

PROBABLY A MERGE: Also, another possibility has dawned on me: Quantum Break is an Alan Wake novel and all the references to his own works are just cheeky self-references.

Finished the game, doing a second run to see the alternative versions.

It's really good though. TV episode segments are about 20-25 min long, so as long as you don't mind what's essentially a half-hour cutscene in between gameplay chapters it's a fun 16 hour game. Also Littlefinger is in it.

So probably the last post about Quantum Break even though I'm still in my second run.

Among the hidden lore items you can find in the game is a minor character's movie script. And it is the kind of shlock that would exist to be MST3K'd.

And here's some of the cast reading it:

• Like 1

I just got my state tax refund and I'm having to ask myself if I really need The Binding Of Isaac on a 3rd platform(3DS) when I already have PC and PS4. 

12 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I just got my state tax refund and I'm having to ask myself if I really need The Binding Of Isaac on a 3rd platform(3DS) when I already have PC and PS4. 

Don't. No DLC and it runs bad. 

• Thanks 1

Portability?

8 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Then why buy it twice on stationary devices?

DB69-ljUMAADfWK.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Then why buy it twice on stationary devices?

Pc first before I had a PS4. Didn't run as great as it could and controller set up was jank so when I got PS4 I bought it to be easier to play.

• Like 2