General Gaming Thread

TKz

31 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

If I were to start playing Yakuza should I begin canonically with Yakuza 0 or go in release order with Yakuza Kiwami?

I feel both are a perfectly fine way to go through the series. There's definitely some recurring inside humour/Easter Eggs that might not land if you play Y0 first, but the stories are well contained and there's no plot points whee you must know what happened in the other games.

Adding to that, Y0 might be the best choice because it adds a lot of backstory to characters you'll come across in later games, and flesh them out more. Which will honestly enhance your experience in Kiwami 1/2. As opposed to playing 1-5, then jumping back in time to play 0.

Having said all that, I definitely feel Y0 is the superior starting point for newcomers to the franchise. Just for Majima's backstory alone it enhances 1-2 a massive amount.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Thanks 1

On 02/11/2019 at 17:56, Jasonmufc said:

Yakuza is such an extra series, and it's all the more awesome for it.

Did you do the weird 'phone hotline' stuff already, or the collecting of completely innoculous phone cards.

Only did it once so far as part of the Real Estate Royale sub-campaign. I'm in the endgame now which is why I have Kiryu in full JUDGEMENT KAZZY mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't buy many games nowadays, but I saw a 2 for £30 offer on at GAME and decided to grab a few on the cheap. 

Far Cry New Dawn on PS4, a game that I was interested in on release as I enjoyed 5 so much, but not enough for near full price considering the length of it. And then Forza 7 for Xbox One. I was always going to pick that up at some point, as I've played the others. 

Had £5 sitting in my rewards account too, so bagged the two of them for £25. Not bad going, now I just need to get around to playing them. 

• Like 1

Hey, Goro Majima, who's your favorite video game developer?

ieWdd3d.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I know right! I was cursing myself for letting them hook me again but it was so freaking fun!

It feels way more like Witcher 3 than it does a Creed game and that’s a great thing.  When I think back on Black Flag there was a lot of stuff I liked, but then there was a lot of the typical AC stuff that just bogged it down for me.  Doesn’t seem like any of that is as present in Odyssey 

One of my favourite people on Twitter, Nate Crowley, wrote an article about Planet Zoo with my favourite headline of the year;

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/18/planet-zoo-is-temporarily-a-game-about-mass-producing-knackered-warthogs/?fbclid=IwAR0-B0xtRGQWkytA1zDS-amsHpHwRJYJf3_SnA-rozKkDM7tYVqNGURY_f0

• Like 1