General Gaming Thread

TKz

17 hours ago, Ruki said:

What's the significance behind the umbrella? But I'm glad their own employees are also giving them shit. 

17 hours ago, Rey Cloudy said:

The Hong Kong protests are called / have been called the Umbrella Revolution and the Umbrella Movement.

The bigger significance behind the Umbrella's and the HK protests is that they've been used as riot shields to protect against the rampant use of teargas, to prevent getting dinked in the head by them. Also, to not be caught by the cameras which are pretty much everywhere.

• Like 3

I, for one, fail to see a connection between a video game company and the most glorious republic of China all hail Xi Jinping who in no way shape or form resembles a certain popular British children's book character. Please don't tag EWB as a danger zone China.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

I, for one, fail to see a connection between a video game company and the most glorious republic of China all hail Xi Jinping who in no way shape or form resembles a certain popular British children's book character. Please don't tag EWB as a danger zone China.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Xi Jinping doesn't look like Brum at all.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 5

J. Allen Brack issued a half-assed non-apology. Blitzchung's suspension is reduced to 6 months and he gets his prize winnings back. There's still protests planned for Blizzcon, with the digital rights advocacy group Fight For The Future planning to protest outside the Anaheim Convention Center. 

Also, Brack's non-apology statement is weirdly worded and at least one native Chinese speaker (who is also an English major) has pointed out on Twitter that at parts, it looks like it was written by a Chinese speaker.

The whole thread is worth reading through. 

Still playing Scribblenauts Unlimited. Technically beat it, but want to see all the challenges and see what absurdity I can get away with.

Unfortunately my idea of wrapping a mummy with bacon wasn't one of them.

• Sad 1

Finished SU, now playing Yakuza 0, first Yakuza game I've played since the original.

In the tutorial you do a karaoke minigame and holy shit that song was hard as balls. Why would they even make that an option when you're starting? That's like if Guitar Hero's first song list included Through The Fire and Flames.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Can't wait for the Yakuza remastered collection to come out. So glad I got into the series following a recommendation from a friend. Kinda wish I could play Yakuza 0, 1,2 and 6 and experience them for the first time 

So maybe its just that I noticed this but...

detail.7208fe79.png

ET has a penis.

Has anyone picked up The Outer Worlds yet? Its made by Obsidian and looks similar to Fallout 4 but with slowed time instead of VATS and is set in sci-fi land. It is exclusive on the Epic Games Store/Microsoft Store/Physical product and won't be on Steam for a year but I'm interested to hear if it is any good.

4IFqv9Y.jpg

This isn't even the oddest part of this sidequest.

• Like 1

Today is 23rd October, the day the bombs fell in the Fallout universe in 2077. To celebrate this milestone, Bethesda used the date to launch a new subscription service to their terrible game that no one plays and all for the low, low price of $13 a month or $99 for a year. For that money, you get some cosmetics and an infinite loot box! :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4