General Gaming Thread

TKz

It's really weird to me because I'm used to playing these things in like ultra low-res on DS, GBA etc but now it's all fancy HD textures and faux 3D tilting camera work.

I've come across a lot of very familiar enemies but I'm witholding the 'it's certainly another 'Vania game' comment until I come across the boss made up of a million corpses.

23 minutes ago, Meacon said:

How does it work? Does everybody live on one farm or does everyone have their own in the town? I’m interested but I feel like I’m not usually on when you are.

Everyone lives on the same farm and works together. The times I could try to work around.

• Like 1

Just saw a neat thread on Reddit... With the 2010s coming to an end... What's your top games of the decade? So many good choices!

Off the top of my head: Persona 5, Mass Effect 2, Portal 2, Divinity Original Sin 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Red Dead 2, GTAV, Horizon Zero Dawn, Octopath Traveller, Breath of the Wild. And probably lots more I'm missing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Just saw a neat thread on Reddit... With the 2010s coming to an end... What's your top games of the decade? So many good choices!

Off the top of my head: Persona 5, Mass Effect 2, Portal 2, Divinity Original Sin 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Red Dead 2, GTAV, Horizon Zero Dawn, Octopath Traveller, Breath of the Wild. And probably lots more I'm missing.

Breath of The Wild, the Walking Dead Season 1, the Binding of Isaac, Overwatch and Slay the Spire. 

• Like 1

Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last Of Us, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Undertale, Papers Please, Portal 2, Marvel's Spider-Man, Doom 2016, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Mass Effect 2, Portal 2, Tomb Raider 2013, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Uncharted 3, Bioshock: Infinite and Alien: Isolation. Probably missing a few as well. 

Edited by Hellraiser

A pro Hearthstone player got his winnings taken away and two Hearthstone broadcasters were fired for supporting Hong Kong protests.

EDIT: 

https://kotaku.com/blizzard-suspends-hearthstone-player-for-hong-kong-supp-1838864961

Well that made my decision on Overwatch for the Switch easier. Good, I probably wasn't going to play it much anyway.

Explaining Scribblenauts to family:

"It's a puzzle-solving game where I type things out and they appear to solve people's problems. See, this guy's homeless, so I'm giving him... a medical degree."

"Does he have medical training?"

"I don't know. But now he has a degree."

"Well nothing can possibly go wrong with that."

• Like 2

https://imgur.com/a/bvXCKYU

Also, at Blizz HQ there's a monument that espouses their "company values", including the likes of "Think Globally" and "Every Voice Matters". Both of those parts of the company mantra were covered up with pieces of paper.

And Brian Kibler's stated that he will no longer be casting Hearthstone in an official capacity going forward.