General Gaming Thread

TKz

20 hours ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Love that game. I just lose track of what I need to do after coming back to it on a save, so get frustrated and stop playing.

30 Days then the lightning burned my compound to the ground :(

4 minutes ago, =BK= said:

30 Days then the lightning burned my compound to the ground :(

Damn. I might start playing again given all the time I have on hand.

I really got into Don't Starve when it first came out. I own all the plushes and accessories, and miniature figures and stuff. I might look at selling them as collectibles.

Playing Death Mark, a horror VN that I just learned is apparently not a Switch exclusive. But I found it when shopping Switch games and never heard of it before so gave it a go.

Really good game so far, highly recommend but fair warning, there's some daaaaark content even without going into the supernatural aspects, and at least one CG that's basically a censor-friendly bondage pic, which can be a bit disturbing given the context of said pic.

Can confirm, The Messenger is amazing. I died like every other screen and still never got frustrated because I was enjoying it too much to care.

6 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Playing Death Mark, a horror VN that I just learned is apparently not a Switch exclusive. But I found it when shopping Switch games and never heard of it before so gave it a go.

Really good game so far, highly recommend but fair warning, there's some daaaaark content even without going into the supernatural aspects, and at least one CG that's basically a censor-friendly bondage pic, which can be a bit disturbing given the context of said pic.

Update: Two in the first chapter alone. The second one doesn't even try to pretend it isn't, even.

And now:

oprahbees.gif

• Like 1

This one's pretty neat though. You're actually laying spirits to rest and the spirits have a lot of parallels with modern Japanese ghost stories.

It's pretty much Ringu: The Game

TIL: There were Pokemon games developed by Sega, for what is, technically, a Sega console.

A new Bioshock has been announced, although 2K says it's still "several years" away, which makes revealing it a little pointless. There's also no good creative reason to do it either, but money trumps artistic value any day of the week. Look out for the vending machines requiring real world currency or something ridiculous like that.

Just heard about Persona 5 Royal. They're sly bastards, those Atlus guys: there is almost no game that I'd ever consider re-buying for "one new character! a couple of new bits of gameplay! etc."...but Persona 5? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stokeristmas said:

Just heard about Persona 5 Royal. They're sly bastards, those Atlus guys: there is almost no game that I'd ever consider re-buying for "one new character! a couple of new bits of gameplay! etc."...but Persona 5? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

I want to, but apparently the new stuff takes forever to happen. And with it releasing near FF7 and Cyberpunk, I don't have time for another 100 hours. But I will probably cave and get it

Wattam is charming and insane, and I have so little idea what's going on. The closest I've felt to the initial confused joy of playing Katamari for the first time.