2012 NFL Season

Dan

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/13/v-fullstory/3179926/dan-le-batard-jason-taylors-pain.html

Very interesting read about what Jason Taylor went through while playing football

Me and my boss talked about this concerning the Denver/Baltimore game. I understand a poor play in the secondary, a misread on coverage, and bad communication between players resulting in a big play ... but why the hell don't team's literally just put one guy at the end of the end zone. Look at your safety and say, "seriously, just stay at the tip of the end zone and wait to see what develops. Since Baltimore is down by more than a touchdown, just stay there and don't let whoever gets the ball in the end zone." Who cares if you have one safety actually covering the play, and another man back to prevent a touchdown. If that player is a great tackler and anticipator, there is no way that receiver is getting into the end zone, even if he does catch the ball.Baltimore had no timeouts, three-fourths of a field to cover, and like, 20 fuckin seconds. There's absolutely no way that if they were to get that pass off with a man just sitting at the edge of the end zone, ready to wrap up the receiver, that the guy is getting in and sending things into overtime. There is absolutely no reason (in this scenario) that you need your two safeties playing the receivers like the game is still yet to be decided, and they should play man coverage with a chance of getting beat on foot. There's just no way.

I don't know how well that would work. You're leaving at least one WR in guaranteed single-coverage. In order to have the player for enough back it will be obvious and a smart QB will likely audible to set it up so that someone is focusing on disrupting that block. It might work on occasion but too many times you're running the risk of having a safety in the middle of the endzone, two deep routes each in single coverage, and by the time one of them catches the ball at the 30 or 25 they're at such a full spring the safety can't possibly get over there to stop them in time. I guess we'd have to see this idea in action for a real perspective but I think it hasn't been really attempted for these reasons.

Yeah, you'd just set up so you send another receiver deep purely to get in the way of the gate-keeping safety. At worst, the receiver that makes the catch goes one on one with a safety (and as was mentioned, you're not gonna favour the safety in that situation), and he has the option of lateralling to his buddy or something.

"How you feelin'?"

"Mmm. Eggroll. I wish I had a breeze runnin' down my leg"

"An orange peanut? For me?????"

The one's with Adrian Peterson are great.

Also more Bears news, they hired Aaron Kromer from the New Orleans Saints as the new Offensive Coordinator.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4682062/source-bears-hire-kromer-as-oc

I'd like to say Marc Trestman was a good hire. I've heard nothing but good things about the guy. He also has prior history with Jay Cutler as he trained him for the NFL Draft.

The Bears have all the weapons to run a fast paced attacking offense, unfortunately they play their home games on a field that's really poorly suited for it. No amount of coaching changes is going to change that.

The Bears have all the weapons to run a fast paced attacking offense, unfortunately they play their home games on a field that's really poorly suited for it. No amount of coaching changes is going to change that.

Oh, I agree about Soilder Field being atrocious. That's not the Bears fault. They don't own Soilder Field. The city of Chicago does, and they rent it out to every one. Which explains why the field is always torn up. They offered the city to pay out of their own pocket to renovate the field. The city of Chicago deined them though for some reason.