AMC's "Breaking Bad"

Blitz

Can someone explain the significance of the cigarette pack? I think I missed something.

Saul's bodyguard swiped a poisonous cigarette off Jesse as part of Walter's ruse to convince Jesse that Gus had stolen it and used it to poison his girlfriend's son.

The bodyguard again swiped his weed stash. When he realized that's what happened, the cigarettes triggered his memory that it could've happened in the aforementioned incident. It was really just a matter of him putting two and two together and realizing what Walter had done.

He knows Brock wasn't poisoned by Ricin yet the whole thing played out like Walt had poisoned him with Ricin. We know Walt did it, but nothing said that Jesse realised that Walt had poisoned Brock with anything other than the Ricin, so I am awfully confused.

The moment Walt started crying in the "confession" I went from "man I hope Walter gets his" to "OH FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT GO DIE IN A FIRE"

Apparently Jesse agrees.

• Like 4

I really wanted Walt Jr...

To just come walking down the hallway as Jesse was pouring the gasoline everywhere. Those two characters finally meeting would've been a great ending image.

Yes, wanted the same. Future house isn't burned to cinders so there is going to be something that stops Jesse, Walt Jr walking in on it would be perfect.

The more and more this plays out the more I think we are going to wind up in a Mexican standoff between Walt, Jesse and Hank. But it is hard to predict. The flashes to the future makes me think we'll have Skylar in jail, one of Jesse or Hank dead, and Walt has picked up the risen to kill the last one - only to be shot dead himself. Or the risen might be for Skylar, or for Walt to kill himself with.

God, I love this show.

He knows Brock wasn't poisoned by Ricin yet the whole thing played out like Walt had poisoned him with Ricin. We know Walt did it, but nothing said that Jesse realised that Walt had poisoned Brock with anything other than the Ricin, so I am awfully confused.

Remember how panicked Jesse was when he lost the cigarette? How much he blamed himself and everything? Even after it was revealed Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin, Jesse was still wondering just what the hell happened to that ricin cigarette, then, if Brock didn't take it. He came to the realization that the cigarette went missing because Huell lifted it off of him in the same way he took his weed.

That whole realization with Jesse seems to have left a sour taste in a lot of peoples' mouths, but I dunno, it doesn't seem like a huge leap in logic to make. And then at Saul's office his suspicions are pretty much confirmed.

Remember how panicked Jesse was when he lost the cigarette? How much he blamed himself and everything? Even after it was revealed Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin, Jesse was still wondering just what the hell happened to that ricin cigarette, then, if Brock didn't take it. He came to the realization that the cigarette went missing because Huell lifted it off of him in the same way he took his weed.

That whole realization with Jesse seems to have left a sour taste in a lot of peoples' mouths, but I dunno, it doesn't seem like a huge leap in logic to make. And then at Saul's office his suspicions are pretty much confirmed.

I understand how he came to that conclusion, but he went from Walt has the cigarette to Walt poisoned Brock which doesn't really make sense as he knows it wasn't Ricin. That is the confusing part.

I understand how he came to that conclusion, but he went from Walt has the cigarette to Walt poisoned Brock which doesn't really make sense as he knows it wasn't Ricin. That is the confusing part.

You'd have to go all the way back to when Jesse nearly killed Walt when he thought he poisoned him with the ricin. Brock was poisoned, he thought it was Walt, Walt blamed Gus, they murdered Gus. Turns out it was Lily of the Valley that poisoned Brock, probably an accident, and the ricin was sucked up by the vacuum cleaner. Jesse nearly killed Walt for this. You know the rest of the story up to this point. All that happened because of the one lie. Jesse had to think Brock was poisoned by the ricin, Walt did that by having Huell take the ricin. Nothing would have happened if not for that.

Fast-forward to now. Jesse finds his pot gone, lifted by Huell on Saul's command. He looks at the cigarette, and it clicks. Huell swiped the ricin cigarette too. Walt was lying, not only about not taking the ricin but also by covering it up with the vacuum cleaner. Why would Walt do that? Oh, because he needed Jesse to help him kill Gus. What else did Walt need to do to get Jesse's help? He had to poison Brock.

Not only did Walt poison Brock though, this shows that Walt has manipulated him this whole time. He is the reason Jesse stayed in the meth business a little longer. He saw the kid on the motorcycle get shot. Walt has used him. Walt is probably lying about Mike too and Walt was currently trying to get rid of Jesse. If everything between the moment Jesse held the gun to Walt's head to now has been a lie, then Jesse is going to go right back to wanting to kill Walter White.

• Like 6

I've finally caught up, I'm finally up to date on the show, finishing last nights episode this morning. Holy fuck.

This is the only show that has made actually say things like "What the fuck?" "Holy shit" "I can't believe that" "This is nuts" "Jesus Christ" "God Damn" and actually meant it.

The first scene on the most recent episode was short and sweet, but it was pretty fucking good. Reminded me of something out of a Tarantino film. Anyway, I've honestly probably loved and hated every major character in this show at some point or another barring Hank and Walt Jr. because they're the only characters that don't have any real negative traits. There is a part of me that wanted to see Walt come out on top, but after Todd shot the little kid after the train robbery, it was once again Walt's greed causing somebody to die. I see Walt living through the end of it all, but with everybody close to him fucked over at the end of it all, much like has been happening the whole series. We do know that he just celebrated a birthday, so he has atleast another year or so given that glimpse into the future where he's eating a Denny's.

I can't be the only one that was thinking "Damn Jesse, take the five million and just get the fuck away from everything, just go man". But his character isn't like that, he's a fuck up and a criminal, but there's also some weird moral code in him.